Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,006   Online: 866

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Oh man...this film is probably long dead right?

Good rule of thumb is 1 stop speed loss for every 10 years of age, so the 1979 stuff would be about 3 or 3.5 stops slower.

I agree that 3200 stuff is probably bad, and WOW I didn't even know they made a 1600D color film, that's cool.

I'm curious about the sheet film too, and also the silver can you can't see and I can't read the one that's in the box on the bottom right.

Looks like a fun stash. That's enough film for quite a few years! Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Good rule of thumb is 1 stop speed loss for every 10 years of age, so the 1979 stuff would be about 3 or 3.5 stops slower.

I agree that 3200 stuff is probably bad, and WOW I didn't even know they made a 1600D color film, that's cool.

I'm curious about the sheet film too, and also the silver can you can't see and I can't read the one that's in the box on the bottom right.

Looks like a fun stash. That's enough film for quite a few years! Lol
    The two cans are pretty much the same as the other rolls, either Ektachrome slide duplicating film or Fine Grain Motion Picture film. Except for 1 box of Ortho and 1 can of Vericolor slide film. Actually I didn't even realize the slide film says duplicating film, the explains the copy stand and the slide projector stuff that was also for sale.

Can I shoot the duplicating film like any other film or it is specifically designed for copying slide film?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by duparis00 View Post
    The two cans are pretty much the same as the other rolls, either Ektachrome slide duplicating film or Fine Grain Motion Picture film. Except for 1 box of Ortho and 1 can of Vericolor slide film. Actually I didn't even realize the slide film says duplicating film, the explains the copy stand and the slide projector stuff that was also for sale.

Can I shoot the duplicating film like any other film or it is specifically designed for copying slide film?
    The speed will be very slow for the duplicating film, I've never used it so my info is limited but to my understanding we are talking like 3 ASA kind of speed.

The motion picture film may have RemJet backing, a black anti-halation layer that doesn't just dissolve in water, you have to use something like a teaspoon of sodium carbonate and do a minute wash, shake drain, rinse again, shake drain, then repeat the sodium bicarbonate again, do that about 3 times or so should get rid of most of it, then develop as normal.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I once bought a Kodak box camera at a yard sale. The guy said it was his inlaws and was never able to open it. I got it home and popped it open and lo and behold there is a finished roll of super X (?) in it. I developed it in HC110 and a dash of Orthizate and they came out quite beautifully. I made a bunch of 8x10 and took them back to the guy I bought the camera from. His wife was ecstatic. The pictures were taken of her family from the sometime in the mid to late '50s.

Moral: as others have said, shoot some of it and maybe get a surprise.

If you decide to offload some, I'd love to have a bit.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I've got enough movie film, just selling some of my own actually, but the E64 looks fun. Enjoy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I've got enough movie film, just selling some of my own actually, but the E64 looks fun. Enjoy!
    Yeah you know I just did a little research on the roll files and to be honest I don't think I'll be shooting them. The slide is something like 40ISO and your right the movie film is like 6ISO, only sensitive to blue but doesn't have the remjet back. Might be interesting to shoot as an experiment or art project but I don't think I'll be rolling them after all. I might keep a few cans but probably going to unload the rest. I'm going to look a little more into this.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Right now I'm shooting 35mm Panatomic X with expiry date of March 1969. 25 asa, still in perfect condition, no base fog. No idea how it was stored until a year or so ago. You just never know!?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Film will never die...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Right now I'm shooting 35mm Panatomic X with expiry date of March 1969. 25 asa, still in perfect condition, no base fog. No idea how it was stored until a year or so ago. You just never know!?
    That's really exciting...I should be on the lookout for these more. Not a lot left in the city but the surrounding rural areas might have something somewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by duparis00 View Post
    Yeah you know I just did a little research on the roll files and to be honest I don't think I'll be shooting them. The slide is something like 40ISO and your right the movie film is like 6ISO, only sensitive to blue but doesn't have the remjet back. Might be interesting to shoot as an experiment or art project but I don't think I'll be rolling them after all. I might keep a few cans but probably going to unload the rest. I'm going to look a little more into this.
    Don't rule out the copy film. I have some b&w duplication microfilm (expired in 2009) and it is fun. Not good for full tone photos, but can be used creatively. A coworker just loves how it looks so I gave him a few rolls. He has no desire to "make it work," he likes the results as-is.
    Truzi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin