Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,100   Online: 759

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's not long dead if you DIY your own process for it.

See here - http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...-e-6-film.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    It's not long dead if you DIY your own process for it.

See here - http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...-e-6-film.html
    Oh that's great stuff! I'm still getting the darkroom together but I can't wait to get started on c-41 and e-6 processes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Don't rule out the copy film. I have some b&w duplication microfilm (expired in 2009) and it is fun. Not good for full tone photos, but can be used creatively. A coworker just loves how it looks so I gave him a few rolls. He has no desire to "make it work," he likes the results as-is.
    That's a good point. I have 2 unopened boxes I just listed on ebay...see if any takers. But I've got at least 4 opened boxes of the b&w copy stuff so that'll keep me busy for a while if I do try it.

I'm actually really curious about the slide stuff, apparently the only real major issue is that it's extremely low sensitivity film, add age to that and it should be interesting to see what I can do to expose it properly.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Panatomic-X is about the only expired film I would invest money into. It's lovely
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by duparis00 View Post
    That's a good point. I have 2 unopened boxes I just listed on ebay...see if any takers. But I've got at least 4 opened boxes of the b&w copy stuff so that'll keep me busy for a while if I do try it.

I'm actually really curious about the slide stuff, apparently the only real major issue is that it's extremely low sensitivity film, add age to that and it should be interesting to see what I can do to expose it properly.
    Color could have nice long exposure images without having to use ND filters...

The B&W copy stuff is the stuff I would KEEP, it's like having tech pan...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I think that release print positive film is the stuff for movie prints. Low EI and, maybe, orthochromatic? I was once given a few meteres of it, or similar, and made b+w slides by contact printing negs on to it. If I remember correctly, I used a dilute paper developer (fairly active dev in other words) in trays, but as it was more than 30 years ago I don't have any specific times for you. There should be some documentation on the Kodak site somewhere though, especially useful concerning the 'correct' developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    I think that release print positive film is the stuff for movie prints. Low EI and, maybe, orthochromatic? I was once given a few meteres of it, or similar, and made b+w slides by contact printing negs on to it. If I remember correctly, I used a dilute paper developer (fairly active dev in other words) in trays, but as it was more than 30 years ago I don't have any specific times for you. There should be some documentation on the Kodak site somewhere though, especially useful concerning the 'correct' developer.
    Oh that sounds interesting, I'd definitely give it a go considering how much of this stuff I have. I'll take a look, thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin