Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,640   Online: 1164

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Oh man...this film is probably long dead right?

So I bought a darkroom off a guy who's dad was a professional photographer. They closed the studio last year and this stuff has been sitting in his garage for a year, I'm going to guess the summer heat killed this stuff.

The Ektachrome dates back to '79, the other films range until early 90s. Such a shame most of them are unrolled 100'.

I'm probably going to test some and develop at home, any tips on trying to recover expired film? Or is it not even worth doing, he basically gave this stuff to me with the other things I bought.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Film01.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	280.5 KB 
ID:	84466

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The P3200 is more than likely past gone.
    30 year old Ektachrome might have some life in it for weird pushing and cross processing, sell it on fleabay with "perfect for lomo" written all over it and you'll get some decent cash for it.

The 4x5 with a silver top looks a bit like the packaging for Plus-X, which could be fine. If you don't want it i'll have it.
    The ortho film should also be good too, sometimes a bit of fog just acts like a pre-flash and you get a decent contrast out of it.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    35mm
    Boy, I'd sure take a whack at shooting and developing some of it. A potential treasure trove. Dinosaurs raised from the grave.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The remote control units might have some use if they work with your TV, else they are just junk.

As for the film - Spend the rest of the weekend testing. You might be surprised as to what is still OK.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    The ortho film, recording film and slide copy Ektachrome should be alright. The really fast stuff probably not so much.

If it's too junky for you to use (any of it), I'd be interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    its all probably still good. just test it.
    i just processed 20 year old color 120 film in
    caffenol c spiked with ansco 130
    and a bunch of other film the same way ..
    came out fine ...

have fun
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When testing the 3200, I would assume a lot of speed loss. If you shoot it as 400ISO it may be able to cut through the fog and actually be usable (if difficult).
    I've shot loads of very expired Tmax and Plus-X and always had it come out just fine (sometimes harder to work with than if it was fresh, but still very usable).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    The remote control units might have some use if they work with your TV, else they are just junk.

As for the film - Spend the rest of the weekend testing. You might be surprised as to what is still OK.
    LMAO! You're not far from the truth I can barely use those remotes as is..I've got basic cable for guests...I barely watch any TV.

Yeah I'm going to have to get one of those lloyd bulk loaders...most of this stuff is 100' roll film. But I can't wait to try some of this stuff out...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jspillane View Post
    When testing the 3200, I would assume a lot of speed loss. If you shoot it as 400ISO it may be able to cut through the fog and actually be usable (if difficult).
    I've shot loads of very expired Tmax and Plus-X and always had it come out just fine (sometimes harder to work with than if it was fresh, but still very usable).
    That's awesome, good to know!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the guys interested in this stuff, if I'm being realistic there's no way I'm going to go through potentially 11-12 canisters of 100' film. Once I get a bulk loader and a bunch of cartridges I'll load a few different ones up and test them out. If the films ok, and you guys are down to cover the shipping and the cost of a few cartridges, I'll send some of this stuff out. I really just stumbled onto this stuff so why not share some of the fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin