Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,879   Online: 978

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kodachrome Portfolio Contest

Hello everyone. I'm organizing a contest to conjure up some support for my favorite color film, Kodachrome. I'm probably going to include categories for best slide and best series. I haven't come up with any more specifics on the matter yet, as I just came up with the whole concept in December. Is anyone here still shooting Kodachrome that is interested in submitting some slides?

Regards.
    ~Karl

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think I have a roll of Kodachrome left in the fridge...anybody want it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sometimes shoot Kodachrome, I wish it was available in larger format as I rarely shoot 35mm anymore.

Brad if it is Kodachrome 25, I'll trade you for it.
    Scott Stadler

Images
    I've always wondered about the usefullness of a film that "makes you think every day's a sunny day. oh yeah" (Although I do have a Nikon camera and I like to take photographs)
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm slowly shooting my last roll of K-25. I still use K-64 sometimes. I never really liked K-200. If you navigate to my website through my profile, many of the bird photos are Kodachrome. One's even pushed Kodachrome.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have hundreds of K-25 and K-64 slides. I rarely shoot 35mm anymore, and had not thought of those slides in some time. Now, I'll get them out and look again. Keep us posted.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fingel
    I sometimes shoot Kodachrome, I wish it was available in larger format as I rarely shoot 35mm anymore.

Brad if it is Kodachrome 25, I'll trade you for it.
    Fingel, It's a 24 exposure roll of Kodachrome 64. Expired in 2003 but has been in the fridge since I bought it. Interested?

It's sad to see such a lack of interest in this great line of film. I am not sure whether the contest should include past work, although that would really have to be honors only. Then again, if they're on K25, they're going to win automatically ;-) Also, I guess there'd be a few digital guys trying to "fool" everyone by burning digital onto slides just to show how it's *superior*. The whole point of this thing is to try and showcase the positive aspects of shooting Kodachromes (yes, IMO there are a few still left) as well as showcasing them to others since I am planning on building a website devoted to this film. DID I MENTION TO EVERYONE THERE WILL PROBABLY BE A CASH PRIZE :-)

~Karl

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The last time I looked, it would cost something on the order of $40, and take upto three months to have a single roll processed. Is this consistent with your experience?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GaussianNoise
    The last time I looked, it would cost something on the order of $40, and take upto three months to have a single roll processed. Is this consistent with your experience?
    You can get a mailer for about 5 or 6 bucks from B&H. Last time I shot a roll of Kodachrome I just brought it down to Longs (California Drugstore chain) and had it back in about a week. Maybe around $7 total. They still sell the Kodachrome 64 in their photo section...I've actually seen T-max 400 on the pegs there also.

Thanks Brad, I'm pretty well stocked on K64. You should shoot it and take it down to Longs...whoever quoted you $40 is trying to pull one over on you.
    Scott Stadler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin