Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,417   Posts: 1,596,658   Online: 1151

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Color desaturation in 35 mm film

Hi , i'm new in developing , i've been developed 2 rolls of 35 mm fuji 200 in jobo kit - but one of films has a color desaturation in the middle of the shot like the attached.

can anybody adviceClick image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2838.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	84715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2836.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1,004.6 KB 
ID:	84716

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd check your volumes. In a paterson tank I need 600ml of solution to cover 2 rolls of 35mm. Looks like your solution reached about half way up the second roll. So the top half only got developed on inversion, which also explains the socket surge marks on the top of the shots.

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks Daire for your reply , i used 600 ml already of solution. and all requirements were exist - temperature , timing , even the number of agitation times.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Were the reels stacked tightly on each other on the center core? I'd suggest throwing in the reels on the core, then some water to cover the reels, then pouring it out into a graduate to measure how much it really takes to cover them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    also, did you put empty reels to keep them from sliding in the tank on the spindle?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks colin,
    yes, reels are stacked tightly with its special nob in them , yes i did this measuring way before starting process.

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks EASmithev,
    i didn't do this , i put 2 paterson reels only in the 3 paterson tank depending on its stacking nobs for avoiding silding , maybe that it is .

Shooter
    35mm RF
    use three reels and rotary agitator rod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it possible the reels slid on the spindle and then one stuck? This could keep half the reel out of developer when not agitating, as suggested before.
    Truzi

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi khaled fares,

I suspect same, that one of the reels did not get fully covered with developer (or other solution in the sequence). This would happen to me frequently when I used Paterson tanks and surprisingly, seems the reel works its way down to the bottom again by the time I open the tank, so I can never catch it in the act.

You can either make something that guarantees it will never slide up, like a piece of plastic pipe cut to the exact width needed to reach the lid. Or you could always use enough solution to fill the tank to the complete top.

Your photographs are of beautiful scenes, hope you can go back and get the shots again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin