Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,218   Online: 915

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    I got a pack of 20 Astia Quickloads (expired, but allegedly freezer-stored by previous owner) last year (for only $8 plus $42 postage).
    I have five 20 sheet boxes in the freezer. I bought them when I heard Astia had been discontinued. Yeah, I know, load 'em up and use them. I want to visit the desert during the spring bloom. E100G in 8x10, Astia in 4x5, yeah, I'd be set!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brianentz View Post
    Yes, astia is the film I'm saddest about losing. And TMaxx 3200. Other than that I really wasn't interested in the emulsions we've recently lost. Sad to see Kodachrome go, even though I wasnt shooting it anymore. I do love provia though.
    Try Delta 3200. I started using it in 120 and stayed with TMZ in 35mm but I'm starting to think I like Delta even better. AND it's available in 120!

No argument about Astia though - my favorite slide film of all time, followed by Provia 400X which is just amazing for the speed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got 20 more rolls of Astia film, in 220 size no less! Counting those as two I now have 45 rolls of Astia cooling in the fridge now.

I also found another source of Astia here in China...possibly another 20 rolls or so. I might as well buy it and shoot it now, for there is no later for this film.

Shooter
    35mm
    I miss EB and EBX more. The EB had a very neutral color balance, high sharpness and very fine grain.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There's 472 rolls of EBX left at the business I work for, 188 of them at the shop I work at.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin