Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,177   Online: 1165

Shooter
    35mm RF

Agfa 12 ST-2 Orwo 12 modern equivalent developer

Does anyone know which developer would be the modern version of this?
    Agfa 12
    St-2
    Orwo 12

http://photoformulary.wordpress.com/...-a12-ansco-12/

Something like D-76?

I have
    Rodinal
    HC-110
    and Rodinal special
    but I guess none of them is similar.

Basically I have some old Svema FN64, Orwo NP15, Tasma films and would like to use a similar developer that was in use, but without mixing chemicals. I just don´t have the possibility to do that at least for now and to order chemicals to Iceland is complex.
    One day though I will mix my own.

I know lot of people develop it in Rodinal 1+25 for 6-7 minute.
    But would like options and if possible to buy a ready mixed similar chemical.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroraua View Post
    Does anyone know which developer would be the modern version of this?
    Agfa 12
    St-2
    Orwo 12

http://photoformulary.wordpress.com/...-a12-ansco-12/

Something like D-76?

I have
    Rodinal
    HC-110
    and Rodinal special
    but I guess none of them is similar.

Basically I have some old Svema FN64, Orwo NP15, Tasma films and would like to use a similar developer that was in use, but without mixing chemicals. I just don´t have the possibility to do that at least for now and to order chemicals to Iceland is complex.
    One day though I will mix my own.

I know lot of people develop it in Rodinal 1+25 for 6-7 minute.
    But would like options and if possible to buy a ready mixed similar chemical.
    This formula looks a bit like D-23 plus Sodium Carbonate and Potassium Bromide, very unusual by today's standards, and I don't think you will get anything like it prepackaged. Note, that Rodinal and D-76 were older than this Agfa 12.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want the look - take appropriate old lens a well. I did used Rodinal with old Svema, but with modern nikkor lenses. Results were just fine, but no "older" look than for example efke (adox) films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    darkosaric has a very good point. For that old look, which I prefer myself by the way, you need old glass.

This example probably isn't what you're looking for, but it's sorta interesting. When I first started developing I was getting all sorts of odd looks. Now, unfortunately, I know what I'm doing and cannot replicate those earlier "mistakes". It's a pity, as some of the earlier stuff had an old look to it that I liked a lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small cropped zeiss bad dev 1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	452.8 KB 
ID:	85510
    Last edited by momus; 04-03-2014 at 08:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi momus,

if you want mistake and old look that you will not be able to repeat (again) - take some old expired B&W film from ebay, some old box camera and develop semi-stand in Rodinal 1+100 for one hour .

Joke on the side - what method did you used before (lens, film, developer...)? Maybe we can help ?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have both Soviet rangefinders and Zeiss medium format folder - Nettar 518 and Ikonta IV.
    So far I have developed these films in Rodinal, but I just tried a stand development - got to scan and process the photos in Rodinal/HC-110 Combo.
    I have created albums for test rolls
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/104979973@N04/sets
    and the results of these old films should be here as well:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/104979...7643128692725/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin