Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,094   Online: 802

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I normally would have blamed the photog but the errors on both ends of the film seemed to preclude that for me, I didnt see how it was possible to ruin both the first and the last parts of the roll and I was there while he unloaded, he certainly never dropped the film or anything.
    And no, lol, I didnt ask for the lomo treatment, I tried to stop myself but even accidentally blurted out to the girl that took them to take care of them as they were wedding shots. Haha she kinda nodded smiled but like it made any difference to her! I think I will ask them to print them out for free maybe. For the grandkids of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -Its not fault of the photographer, solariazation effect have only to do with developing process and happen when light leak occur on the stage of developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the accidental effect is pretty cool though....

These 'accident' are the surprise of shooting film, no? but is important to identify the problem too.

Shooter
    35mm
    I imagined that somebody would see the effect as cool, and actually it is an interesting result, but it´s not the type of thing you want to get if you have a specific image in mind when you take your photographs. I honestly have to disagree with the concept of "surprise" when using film. I like to have it all under control as far as I reasonably can.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbrownfox View Post
    I normally would have blamed the photog but the errors on both ends of the film seemed to preclude that for me, I didnt see how it was possible to ruin both the first and the last parts of the roll and I was there while he unloaded, he certainly never dropped the film or anything.
    And no, lol, I didnt ask for the lomo treatment, I tried to stop myself but even accidentally blurted out to the girl that took them to take care of them as they were wedding shots. Haha she kinda nodded smiled but like it made any difference to her! I think I will ask them to print them out for free maybe. For the grandkids of course.
    Well, this is why I only use a pro lab these days. (Only for E6, mind you.) Other firms returned negs with all sorts of problems. Colour cast, excessive grain, scratches, drying marks, you name it.

So, I brought all developing in-house, except for E6, as I simply can‘t equal a professional developer there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin