Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,809   Online: 767

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post

Umm, no, a high resolution scan isn't a problem. Just had some Kodachrome slides done a month or so ago at 30 and they were perfectly workable.

If you want to understand why, head over to someplace like http://members.photoshopuser.com/ and do some research on resizing, sizing for printing, and scanning. http://www.lynda.com has some great info on this too. If one works with a Pro-Lab one can generally get good info from them too about what matters and what doesn't.

Yes I know those sites charge real money, it's worth every penny If you want good info.
    Umm, I don't even know what to say, what does this have to do with the image above that is fuzzy...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Umm, I don't even know what to say, what does this have to do with the image above that is fuzzy...
    I didn't take issue with you on the subject matter being a bit fuzzy, that is a bit of a puzzle yet, I don't really get what's being demonstrated there either.

What I'm saying Stone is that having a lab scan a photo at a high resolution doesn't make a photo end up looking fuzzy. There are lots of things that may make it look fuzzy, that's just not one of them.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    I didn't take issue with you on the subject matter being a bit fuzzy, that is a bit of a puzzle yet, I don't really get what's being demonstrated there either.

What I'm saying Stone is that having a lab scan a photo at a high resolution doesn't make a photo end up looking fuzzy. There are lots of things that may make it look fuzzy, that's just not one of them.
    I meant from over interpolation, like scanning way higher than the scanner is capable of scanning at, would make it blurry, but I think it's not that, I just wanted to cover all the bases because someone would come in and say "no stone it's this, don't talk about what you don't know" so I just said all the things it might be that I could think of.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin