Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,497   Online: 1078

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Remjet from experience doesn't ruin chemistry. You just need to filter your chemistry, which if you're running replenished you need to do anyway.

If the film was so easily damaged from remjet particles floating in solution, a wet remjet bath the film passed through wouldn't work. Please see the Kodak document on motion picture processing, which shows processor design.

If you agitate the hell out of the remjet softening bath with the film, and rinse/wash, you shouldn't have much remjet come off in other solutions during regular agitation anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Have you tried dev/bleach/fix as normal, and then remjet removal afterwards?
    I haven't tried it (yet, still trying to get some cheap 800T), but I've read people just processing in normal C41 then 'wiping' the remjet off afterwards, would that approach not work with a Na2CO3 or NaHCO3 wash instead of wiping?
    Dr, If you're after cine film I've got some various lengths I could send you. Don't have 800t but do have 500t and various daylight speeds.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, I have done the ECN2 process both with and without prewash. Without prewash (baking soda), the negatives are clearer and more familiar orange tint, but the development time must be adjusted to 5 minutes with fresh developer (ECN2 dev), add some 15 seconds for every roll processed and 30 seconds to a minute for 1 week of storage. I just pulled out two rolls, rubbed the remjet off under running water with smooth and slippery PVC rubber gloves and the negatives are okay. The developer keeps well in a well-sealed bottle if there is no air in, I mixed the dev one and a half week ago and didn't even filter it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin