Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 801

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Surely must be a number there. Good luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can't help ya with Houston. My film goes to a camera store in Springfield, IL. which has a send-out service to a lab in St. Louis. C-41 develop only is around $4/roll. Add $2.99 for a CD at time of developing. If you want cheap 4x6 prints, Wal-Mart will print from the negatives for 25 cents a piece. If you upload the scans to the web site, the 4x6 prints are 19 cents each.

The cool thing about the lab that does my film is that it takes the same amount of time for them to do 35mm B&W, 35mm E6, and 35mm C-41, unlike most other places which make you wait at least a week longer for B&W or E6.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Are there any minilabs left?

Quote Originally Posted by snapguy View Post
    It sounds to me like you are between a rock and a Kodak creditor. I think you should think about developing the film yourself.
    Yep, C41 processing is dead easy. Much easier than black and white, in fact. You just have to be very precise. I prefer the results I get from processing at home too. Kits to develop 8-12 rolls are available for about 20-25 bucks online.
    Last edited by Thomas Bertilsson; 04-10-2014 at 10:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Our Walgreen's (Greater Cleveland Area) still returns the negatives. It's not $2 for processing, but it's not expensive. We also have a pro-shop that will develop only. They're a little more expensive than Walgreen's (if you get prints and CD from both), but the quality is much better.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ogden, Utah has one place, Imaging Depot, that bought a new, yes NEW, mini-lab a coupla years ago and does very nice c-41. They saw others closing and figured there was a market.

Plus, Walgreens still does it, and a grocery store just down the street does it. All also return negatives, prints, scans, whatever you want.

Ogden, Utah -- leading the nation once again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here in the Seattle area, most of the minilabs have disappeared, but a few camera shops offer the same service. I know Omega Photo in Bellevue, WA does, as does Kenmore Camera in, you guessed it, Kenmore, WA. In the case of Kenmore Camera, they actually moved the minilab into the main lobby of the store, so you can watch the techs run the equipment.

*edit* never mind - saw your post. Anyway, check with the local camera shops. One has got to have a photolab inside that will do what you want.

-J
    Last edited by John_Nikon_F; 04-11-2014 at 12:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a Walgreen close to me at West Gray and Woodhead. I had a roll of XP2 super processed and printed and I received the negatives, too.

This was 6 weeks ago. $17 for a 36 exposure roll.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This is the decline of film volume, but C41 is easy to home process with a kit or raw chemicals. Electric kettle tank cbag thermometer bottles and plastic basin.

Huston Tx will have mini labs lurking like diamond backs, frequent or they will close.

I got one open on Sundays till 18:00 200meters from where I normally train for home at end of weekend shoot... good quality any service you want, but 5GBP for develop only! The staff are friendly too.

Lomo Spitalfields Mkt London UK.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In the UK, most towns have a supermarket with a minilab. Much to my surprise, when our local Tesco demolished their store and built a bigger one, they installed a new minilab. Their quality is good but I know supermarket minilab quality varies quite a bit.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Those labs don't make money any more so they have to close them down. There isn't enough business. If somehow we could get together and create sufficient volume we can easily buy one of those processor and run the C41 ourselves. Since those labs are closing their processors are for sale and cheap like this one on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/noritsu-V30s...item4842af4b6a

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin