Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,099   Posts: 1,612,677   Online: 849

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by msage View Post
    This one(Noritsu) is more then a Jobo!
    ??

A new Jobo at Freestyle is $3000. That Noritsu on ebay is $750 buy it now.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    ??

A new Jobo at Freestyle is $3000. That Noritsu on ebay is $750 buy it now.
    The Noritsu V30 is a bigger machine and is capable of doing 120/220 as well as 35mm. The T15 is smaller and only does 35mm. Either one is much cheaper to run than the Jobo IF (a big if) you have enough volume. Even the T15 which is designed for low volume you must process at least 10 roll a day to keep the process stable. The V30 would need even more. The Jobo is a one shot processor which use the chemical only once and thus you can mix just enough chemical for the 1 roll but the cost per roll would be high. The Noritsu has fully automatic replenishment system. A brand new Noritsu is very expensive but since a lot of labs get out of business so they are cheap on the used market.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    First Photo in Rapid City, South Dakota is still comitted to film and chemistry. We have two AGFA Dlab-2, C-41 film processor for 16mm to 70mm. We also have a darkroom for custom processing and enlargements up to 16x20 B&W from negs up to 5x7. Large format color printing is not operational yet as it is being rebuilt.
    Gun Control is like: Reducing drunk driving by making it harder for SOBER people to buy cars.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I live near a small town and we have two drug stores that run minilabs.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've done all my own processing of B/W, C41 and E6. It's just too easy.

I know Johnson Camera in Syracuse, NY does B/W, C41 and sends E6 out.
    George Street Camera in New Bruswick, NJ does C41.
    The two Targets next to me do digital only, I'm not sure if they accept film even to send out. Never asked.
    The closest WalMart to me is like stepping into a third world country, I walked in once, and walked right out. Not sure what they do.
    CVS is hit and miss, some have them, some don't. Same with Walgreens.
    Not sure about Duane Reade in NYC
    B&H will develop everything up to 8x10 E6

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One aspect completely neglectect so far is the massive difference worldwide in market share of minilabs versus industrial fotofinishers in the past.

Shooter
    35mm
    I only recently started shooting film and took my first couple rolls to get developed at the local minilab. Thinking hey, they must be able to process this and give me the negatives back without issue... I scanned them with my new V600 and was completely disappointed. First of all they threw my double exposures in the trash thinking they were junk (probably - but I still want to see them!!!) And looking at the negs closer founds streaks and spots that I wasn't sure should be there. I then shot another couple rolls and took it to a pro lab about 40min away and the results were what I originally expected - a million times better. I will never go back to this place again. I think it's pro labs from here on out with film. A buck or two is no good reason to risk shitty results. If I had a little more time/space I would give it a go myself but I'm not quite there yet.

Cheers

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wait til you're shooting a roll every day and then see if that buck or two doesn't start to stack up! :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    The closest WalMart to me is like stepping into a third world country, I walked in once, and walked right out. Not sure what they do.
    A third world country eh? I really hope you did not mean what you just said

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin