Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,238   Online: 889

Shooter
    35mm RF

Provia 400 in E6 Developing Times and Tetenal Reusability

Does anyone know what the times to develop Fuji Provia 400x Slides in Tetenal E6 3 bath kit would be? On a seperate note, how does the tetenal kit work re: re-usability? The instructions did not say anything at all about this (quite an omission). I have a CPE2 processor that heats 300 ml at a time, should I discard this at the end of each development or put it back into the main batch and use for recommended amount of rolls?

Thanks,

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In my experience you can develop Provia 400x like any other slide film, with the times given by Tetenal's instructions. Of course you can reuse the chemistry, and you should be able to develop at least 10 rolls of film per liter.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Unlike B/W films E6 and C41 have the same times regardless of film type. I mix T64, Provia, EPR and EPN all the time when developing E6.

I use the Arista kit and never process one-shot. I just reuse the chemicals for about 30-36 sheets of 4x5 or 10-15 rolls of 120. Keep in mind if you are not using these one-shot that you need to extend the 1st developer time by a percentage for each roll. Check the instructions but they are usually around 4-6%.

Never used them in a processor before, I develop in a Mod54 and reels and tanks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ok, that all makes sense. Thank you both for your answers!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think for arista rapid the multiple is 0.09 times the last used time? So 3 minutes for the first development would add .15 seconds to the second, the 3.15 x 0.09 again for the third = 3.30 seconds etc, (however it doesn't start with 3 minutes but I can't recall the starring time. But the instructions should say this somewhere...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin