Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,844   Posts: 1,582,674   Online: 1079

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes. That scenario is even more likely than exchanging order of baths with that colour film of Girlafraid.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    Are you sure they're not dunking your B&W stuff into color chemicals
    The OP has stated that the films were colour and were transparent - "it was as if there was nothing there" which I take to mean clear as in "clear of any image" . What she hasn't stated directly is whether only the frames were clear but had writing and numbers on the edges.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like Mr_Flibble has added his problem with B&W with girlafraid problem with color and are two different problems. Might be better for Mr_Flibble to start a separate thread? Left me confused for awhile
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    The OP has stated that the films were colour and were transparent - "it was as if there was nothing there" which I take to mean clear as in "clear of any image" . What she hasn't stated directly is whether only the frames were clear but had writing and numbers on the edges.

pentaxuser
    To be 100% honest I didnt look to closely at the returned film. There was a note saying it was blank and I just took this to mean nothing survived me opening the camera back. I know it would help people if I could describe it better but I'm home now and I keep all my film stuff (apart from the scanned prints of course!) back at my parents. I should have photographed or scanned what came back as someone suggested which I can do or get done for me. As far as I can remember though everything looked as you would expect except there were no images. I can't be sure that's not me misremembering though or just seeing what I thought I should see.

Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    How did you get the film to the lab if it came off the spool?
    I'd keep a reusable film cassette (or even a used roll with about an inch of film on it left) and a dark bag incase it happens again
    Just go in your dark bag/ darkroom, tape the remains to the inch of film and rewind the whole thing in
    I wasn't able to get the film back into the cassette at all so after checking online desperately for help I got the film out of the camera rolled it and wrapped it in black plastic inside one of the pots film come in. This might be the wrong thing to do but I was clueless and it was all I could find.

The whole operation took quite some time though and it was only as dark as I could make it so my guess was this time out of the camera with at least some light is what causec the damage.

I've opened thd back of a camera on purpose before now in full daylight when I was experimenting with a film that wasn't going to come out and still got usable shots but that was a quick open and shut this was faffing about for some time.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Well there are so many contributing factors it would be fruitless to try and determine the actual cause.

So, chalk it up to experience and move on to the next film photos which I'm sure will turn out great!!
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Well there are so many contributing factors it would be fruitless to try and determine the actual cause.

So, chalk it up to experience and move on to the next film photos which I'm sure will turn out great!!
    Thanks! Already got one in!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We have all been there and done that.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    We have all been there and done that.
    I am feeling less stupid for doing it now thankfully.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by girlafraid View Post
    I am feeling less stupid for doing it now thankfully.
    Do not beat yourself up!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin