Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,759   Online: 995

Shooter
    Multi Format

Good Source to Order C-41 Chemicals (SGA Imaging)

I have a stack of old CPAC Trebla C-41 chemicals. The part C is too old to use. So what I really need is the C-41 developer kit. I've done a lot of research on the chemicals. Now I've finally found the right one.

For individual use, Trebla offers the C-41 HRR Developer Replenisher kit. Cat: 55DE145, 3 x 5 liters. Most of the places sells for $24 and SGA Imaging sells for $14.49. Shipping cost varies. You'll need the starter, which is $2.50 a bottle. So this is about $20 for a 3 x 5 liter kit. The replenish rate is 50ml/sf. Someone can calculate as to the capacity of each liter (how many rolls of films).

This is much cheaper than the Kodak Flexicolor SM kit. This is also better than the Flexicolor 20 liter kit (one large kit). I believe this is the newer kit from the old 55DE571. From the technical data, the new kit is the same as the old kit. I believe the HRR has something to do with the replenishing....

Here are some more details:

Tech data: http://www.pdisupply.com/documents/m...02012%20HZ.pdf

Old kit:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140428_200929.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	311.0 KB 
ID:	87232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6937.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	332.1 KB 
ID:	87233
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140428_200902.jpg  
    Last edited by RedSun; 05-01-2014 at 10:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just noticed that the replenishing rate is 21ml/135x24 exp. So the capacity is like 100 to 120 rolls of film....

Well, this is for 3 x 1 liter. Multiple by 5 and comes to like 500 to 700 rolls if fully used. I've never shoot that many a year.
    Last edited by RedSun; 05-01-2014 at 11:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The TL 50 is good stuff I have used a lot of it. Having it in small bottles is handy too.

The flexicolor kit and the TL 50 both replenish at about the same rate, roughly 30 to 35 mL per 36 exposure roll of film.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $15 is almost nothing. If you only shoot a couple of rolls of film a week, this kit can last the entire year. Most of us do not even shoot that many rolls.

I do not really want to buy the 20 liter kit and divide it into small bottles. The SM kit and the 1 liter powder kit are just too pricy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    I just noticed that the replenishing rate is 21ml/135x24 exp. So the capacity is like 100 to 120 rolls of film....
    Actually 238ish for each 5 liters, if you don't have to toss any so your purchase will develop close to 700. I tend to have to toss a little bit here and there, but it's still a great deal.

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    $15 is almost nothing. If you only shoot a couple of rolls of film a week, this kit can last the entire year. Most of us do not even shoot that many rolls.

I do not really want to buy the 20 liter kit and divide it into small bottles. The SM kit and the 1 liter powder kit are just too pricy.
    The biggest up front expense of C41 chemicals is the bleach, it's keeping qualities are great and it's replenishment rate is small though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have many bottles of C-41 bleach. Will be happy to share some if anyone is in NJ/NY area.

I believe Trebla/SGA has good prices too for the C-41 bleach....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin