Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,218   Online: 778

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Tetenal to step in with Kodak E6 replacement chemicals

Following Kodaks decision to stop offering their E6 chemistry, I can report that Tetenal have confirmed they will re-launch their own E6 chemistry to fill the gap. Dont get this confused with the hobby 3 bath Tetenal kits that have always been around, this is the full fat lab packs.

However, it may be a surprise to some people that Tetenal were making the Kodak chemistry already, certainly for everywhere outside the USA - (but possibly for the US too, but I cant confirm this). This was the reason Tetenal stopped their own E6 before, as they saw no point in competing with themselves.

Anyway, it's on the way back and we are awaiting the product list and prices.

What I can not confirm, is whether Tetenal will sell these chemicals in the USA. But they will definitely be available in Europe.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Champion makes kodak chems in the u.s. At least that's been the word on the street for some time. I just ordered a tetenal 3 bath kit (2x the price of the old kodak kits) but wouldn't mind getting the real deal in the future since freestyle already imports other Tetenal supplies.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post
    I can report that Tetenal have confirmed they will re-launch their own E6 chemistry to fill the gap. Dont get this confused with the hobby 3 bath Tetenal kits that have always been around, this is the full fat lab packs.
    To my understanding the professional/commercial E-6 AR packages (for up to 1000L working solution) never were off the list.
    Or is this about availability in the US?
    Last edited by AgX; 05-02-2014 at 09:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know about the US situation - but I know in Europe the Kodak E6 was made by Tetenal, like much of their other chemistry. Tetenal definitely stopped offering their AR packages because it was just competing with the Kodak, which they were making anyway.

But now Kodak don't want to offer the E6 chems any more, they are going to re-launch. I had a call from Tetenal a couple of weeks ago about it.

We currently use Fuji for our own E6 use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tetenal of course distribute the Kodak Flexicolor C-41 line but don't provide any documentation. I managed to get hold of the right developer recently by intelligent guesswork. The Kodak developer 366 7805 is 'made in China', as are the Ektacolor products for paper.

I guess the other C-41 processing line / brands are Champion and Fujihunt?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I get my Kodak E-6 chemicals from Tetenal UK ( ... had a phone call from them too ! ).

The quality of their chemicals are top notch as you'd expect, and process control is much easier and stable since the introduction of the 'improved formula' Colour Developer a little while back.

In my opinion, Tetenal ( and their staff ) are great !

John S

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The UK subsidiary is seemingly better in communicating re-newing than the headquarter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    Champion makes kodak chems in the u.s. At least that's been the word on the street for some time. I just ordered a tetenal 3 bath kit (2x the price of the old kodak kits) but wouldn't mind getting the real deal in the future since freestyle already imports other Tetenal supplies.
    Champion were absolutely burned in the Kodak bankruptcy - they were one of the largest unpaid creditors. I don't think they have anything to do with Kodak products now.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin