Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,246   Posts: 1,680,260   Online: 1087

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    It is interesting to hear that the KBr will be eaten.
    You should expect the same kind of behavior with Benzotriazole, since it sticks very well to Silver.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is great. Will try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found this thread when researching the same problem I'm having with my first attempt at developing color prints. Did this end up working?

thanks,
    Jason

Shooter
    35mm
    Rudeofus is correct, in that either potassium bromide or benzotriazole will work, but test with SMALL quantities, as this stuff really stops RA-4 developer in its tracks! Add a tiny, but measured, amount to 100ml of developer working solution and see what happens before wasting a whole liter of developer.

Addionally, try this: Expose the paper for twice the time (maybe even longer) and develop diluting your color developer (with the bromide or BZ added). Essentially, developing for an effectively shorter time (dilution) will hold back that fog and the extra exposure will add the needed density. This is not a perfect solution but is one worth evaluating with practice,

I use NO safelight for either B&W or color printing. I do not OWN one! Reason: I trust no light. - David Lyga

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin