Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,778   Online: 872

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CHX

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep, same on my batch. I assume it's either Adox or Foma, but I've never seen that confirmed.
    Through the silver darkly
    Girls can take pictures too! :)

~ Sign the petition: Bring back Aerochrome! ~

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It could not be confirmed.
    As neither Adox nor Foma manufacture colour reversal film.

In Europe only Agfa offers such film.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    It could not be confirmed.
    As neither Adox nor Foma manufacture colour reversal film.

In Europe only Agfa offers such film.
    LOMOCHROME is NOT color reversal, their ignorance of language infuriates me, this is a C-41 film... Though kodak did use the word chrome in the Verichrome name, it seems odd they chose this name, I think they got lazy and couldn't think of a "cooler" word that was C-41 and didn't care to totally throw off the film connotation that chrome means transparency.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for correcting me. I should not rely on assumptions.

Anyway, Agfa remains as only current source, otherwise it also could be Ferrania "old" stock.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Thank you for correcting me. I should not rely on assumptions.

Anyway, Agfa remains as only current source, otherwise it also could be Ferrania "old" stock.
    It's a fairly new emulsion, it's the first of my knowledge that is not "re-branded" but actually designed by request and so I don't think it would be Ferrania. It only came out a few months ago.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now I see, it is about the Lomochrome Purple. (My fault. I only think of that film with reference to purple.)

This film is something different, but I would rather not speculate here.
    Last edited by AgX; 06-03-2014 at 09:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    LOMOCHROME is NOT color reversal, their ignorance of language infuriates me, this is a C-41 film... Though kodak did use the word chrome in the Verichrome name, it seems odd they chose this name, I think they got lazy and couldn't think of a "cooler" word that was C-41 and didn't care to totally throw off the film connotation that chrome means transparency.
    Just a nit to pick but I think they may be ignorant of the convention (or don't care) not necessarily language. There were other films called the "wrong" name before the chrome=positive and color=negative association became the standard. I think Verichrome (pre Pan) dates from that era.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The suffix "-chrome" (or -chrom) not only indicated colour reversal material as Autochrome, but also hinted at panchromatic b&w negativ materials.

EDIT: and orthochromatic materials

The suffix "-color" indicated colour-reversal materials as Agfacolor.
    Last edited by AgX; 06-04-2014 at 03:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Humm, then why was there a Verichrome before there was a Verichrome Pan? Was the original Verichrome only somewhat panchromatic but a breakthrough for its time then Verichrome Pan was really panchromatic?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Humm, then why was there a Verichrome before there was a Verichrome Pan? Was the original Verichrome only somewhat panchromatic but a breakthrough for its time then Verichrome Pan was really panchromatic?
    Confirmed
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ographic_films

New fangled a century ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin