Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,871   Online: 969

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    But chrome is a formal prefix it is misleading for a retailer to use it for a film class as Kodak did.

Ditto Lomo...

Marketing and military intelligence (spies) have several things in common...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    Confirmed
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ographic_films

New fangled a century ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    But chrome is a formal prefix it is misleading for a retailer to use it for a film class as Kodak did.

Ditto Lomo...

Marketing and military intelligence (spies) have several things in common...
    But if you read (or I did) they didn't invent it, wratten did, so when they came out with the Pan version, they were using a popular name to transition to a Pan film, but that's marketing, you don't get rid of a popular film and introduce a new one with a name that's not similar to the popular one, it's smarter to continue the name.

All other chromes were E-6(or other transparency) even from other companies like fomachrome, agfachrome etc, and as someone else said "color" was common for Color negative type films like Vericolor, Agfacolor, etc.

So why not use LomoColor Purple? Because lomochrome SOUNDS cooler, and also connects to old ektachrome IR since it's supposed to look similar.

It's all marketing, but in this case, they failed to take into account the idiocy.

I've actually emailed them to ask if they are going to fix the issue somehow, or why they did something so stupid, I wonder what their reply will be.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Humm, it's either rebranded Kodak or Fuji. Did/does Fuji make an 800 speed 120 color film? I'm not aware of one.
    Fuji 800Z, I have few rolls of it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    they failed to take into account the idiocy.

I've actually emailed them to ask if they are going to fix the issue somehow, or why they did something so stupid, I wonder what their reply will be.
    they failed to take in account...

always read the fine print before you buy...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin