Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,872   Online: 1106

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Images
    that shot is impressive. That was low light right?

Quote Originally Posted by mfobrien
    I have been using Astia and have been really happy with it. An example is here:
    http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3132138

I never really liked Velvia 50. Too slow for insect photos. My favorite slower film is still Kodachrome 64...
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I was wondering what you folks would use to shoot wildflowers. I plan to use Provia 100F and Velvia but was curious about what others, who partake in wildflower hunting, use?
    For my taste, I'd go for any of the following:

Provia 100F
    Kodak E100GX
    Kodachrome PKR 64 (YES it takes time to develop, but the colours are UNIQUE)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was wondering what you folks would use to shoot wildflowers. I plan to use Provia 100F and Velvia but was curious about what others, who partake in wildflower hunting, use?
    Ektachrome 64T (aka EPY). For my money it's the best film manufactured today and the best product Kodak makes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    Ektachrome 64T (aka EPY). For my money it's the best film manufactured today and the best product Kodak makes.
    This film is tungsten balanced....

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Mark is shooting 4x5. This would make all the recommendations for Kodachromes lees than pertinent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Mark is shooting 4x5. This would make all the recommendations for Kodachromes lees than pertinent.
    Well, if he's shooting using anything else other than 35mm, PKR/PKL (Kodak's Kodachrome series-K14 proccess) are useless

Images
    You are not the first to recomend this to me. What filter do you use to balance it for daylight use?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could use EPR or EPN the daylight brothers of EPY. These films are very neutral/natural colour films. They do not add much contrast or punch, unlike the others mentioned. They also exhibit more grain the others.

Images
    Nah. Grain bad. If I wanted grain I'ld shoot 35mm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You are not the first to recomend this to me. What filter do you use to balance it for daylight use?
    85B. If you are shooting 4 x 5, that is all the more reason to use EPY, as it's available in Readyload format.

It has much less contrast and a much longer scale than it's daylight brethren. Even other Kodak tungsten balanced chrome films (such as 160T) are harsh by comparison.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It has much less contrast and a much longer scale than it's daylight brethren. Even other Kodak tungsten balanced chrome films (such as 160T) are harsh by comparison.
    That is very true. It is also one of the reasons many use it for copy work (that and the natural rendition of colour). It also has some of the best reciprocity characteristics of any chrome you could use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin