Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,716   Online: 802

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Astrum is no manufacturer.
    Keep in mind that Svema of course had converting facilities and kept them for a while.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd guess it could be C-41 film from one of the big makers repacked under Svema name. A lot of own-label films came from Konica and Ferrania, also Fuji and Agfa.

In my own modest collection of old films and packets I have Efkechrome E6 and Efkecolor C41, from the 1990's, which is clearly from Konica, while recent Boots Colorslide (E6) and current Agfacolor Vista (C41) are from Fuji. Older Boots Colorslide was from Agfa.

Lots of badge-engineering used to go on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Considering they do describe expired film as expired elsewhere in the FPP store, I have no reason to think they are deliberately misleading anyone. Of course I'm probably biased, as I recently attended my 2nd completely free FPP walking workshop event in Findlay, OH. Food, film goody bags for attendees and a massive camera giveaway. Bottom line: If there's one thing I've learned, it's that these guys are straightforward and definitely not in this for the money. They've even sent me several cameras in the past, all at no charge. They're a good bunch of guys, not to mention the podcast is a lot of fun.

(I'm not saying they couldn't be wrong, but if they are misrepresenting any product it's certainly not deliberate.)

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is described as "classic Soviet era, fresh films" and as "C-41".

Well, a contradiction at its best.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A roll is in the G-III now. It will soon be exposed, provided that the weather improves a little from the current rain.

"classic Soviet era, fresh films" and as "C-41"
    That could simply mean that it is the same sort of film as produced during the Soviet era. It also adds that whole "Soviet" / "Iron Curtain" mystique.

And besides, who says the Soviets could not have knocked off a C-41 film? I have no idea if they did or not but they knocked off plenty of other stuff. And, I am sure, so did we.

FPP is a nice enough website positive about film. I do plan to make more use of their store in the future.

One suggestion I'd have for them is to make short ends of the Vision3 films available. They are superb if you fiddle around a bit to learn how to use them.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seen some product descriptions and some prices, I think the fun and the must-have-it-now aspect dominate.

So I would not argue about. But as you asked about that film...

Shooter
    35mm
    Just got 3 rolls of Svema 125 color, waiting for a Zenit 3m thats in the mail, and just did my first c41 at home last week. When it all comes together I'll put an image in here, assuming I don't screw it up. J

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder what does 125 stand for, ISO or GOST?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ghost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin