Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,799   Online: 775

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Shot a roll Svema 125 color the other day. Did a 1hr lab C41, and got great colors .I just put a picture in here. Its under Zenit 3m, Svema film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, AgX is right, Astrum is not a real manufacturer. They sell everything under Svema TM, but their films can be absolutely everything. This particular film looks like Fujicolor 200 or Kodak ColorPlus 200. There was never a 'Soviet C-41 film', the only post-Soviet C-41 film from Svema was DS-100, which was in fact some color negative film made by Fuji. I've shot one myself, so I can tell it by the edge markings.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for the link Agx. My brain processes old cameras and films, better than computer stuff. I studied the Svema negatives, no edge markings of any kind. There appears to be some kind of light bleed thru on some sprocket holes, don't know if it came from the camera or in manufacturing are in the c41 process. I'm running a roll of 200 Foma bw thru the Zenit now and will check for the light leaks again. J.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dosilverhalide View Post
    I studied the Svema negatives, no edge markings of any kind.
    That's because Astrum has an opportunity to finish the products bought elsewhere as a big rolls. For example, around 2010 (expiry date 2011) they have finished a b&w film, cutting it and actually even printing 'Svema' edge markings on it. They've even sold the same type of film in three different boxes - FN64, Foto 100 and Svema Reporter (should be ISO 200). The film was some technical stuff, ISO 50-100, quite good in terms of grain, but had scratches, 'lightnings' (signs of static electricity in the form of trees) and had a very thin triacetate base.

There is one online photographic shop in Ukraine, that tried to sell b&w films from Astrum in 2013. Now they've stopped due to many quality issues and negative feedback.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin