Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,775   Posts: 1,516,670   Online: 1151

Thread: Velvia 100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Velvia 100

Just saw that FUJI introduced Velvia 100 in PMA.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...Leaf_Final.pdf

Seems interesting, haven't used Velvia 50 in a while, but used provia a lot.
    Any thoghts?
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    Just saw that FUJI introduced Velvia 100 in PMA.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...Leaf_Final.pdf

Seems interesting, haven't used Velvia 50 in a while, but used provia a lot.
    Any thoghts?
    This film has actually been out in Japan for a couple of years or so. I haven't tried it, although I have used the 100F a lot. There are some others who have used it; perhaps, they will share their experiences.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am looking forward to seeing what the 100 does, I don't like the 100F as the grain structure and saturation level is not there, I posted a message a couple of weeks ago about this, fuji is also phasing out the ISO 50 by the end of the year.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Parker; 02-24-2005 at 03:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have no experience with 100 or 100F but have seen reports from Japanese users saying Velvia 100 really does NOT equal Velvia 50 that's a stop faster. Reports are that it's actually a fairly different film and color response and saturation are easily different between the two... I'm not saying that's fact but I'm just saying I'm worried about 100 REPLACING 50.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Natron
    I'm not saying that's fact but I'm just saying I'm worried about 100 REPLACING 50.
    The 100 is replacing the 50. Stock up now, you may not be able to get it after the end of the year.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been using Velvia 100 for about a year (have a friend in Japan....). I really like it. The palette is similar to RVP50 - not quite as saturated, but much better than 100F. The real bonus is the reciprocity charateristics are much improved on RVP50. I also find that it scans a little better (it's not quite as dense). I'll be putting a stash of RVP50 into my freezer, but for the bulk of what I do in color landscapes, RVP100 will be fine (and, I like the extra stop too...).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There is a good article on Ken Rockwell's site about the new Velvia 100; it is a very well written article. The address is: http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/velvia100.htm
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin