Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,540   Online: 949

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I suggest that you try a metal reel in future. I've just bought one after a similar disaster. I've always had mixed results trying to get 120 film onto a plastic reel - it just seems too wide to manage the film and the reel reliably and then it either winds off the reel again when I work the 'wheels' back and forth or it gets so far and then jams. The problems really happen if you take too long, because sweaty hands make the humidity go up and vice-versa and then the film gets sticky too. My first attempt with a metal reel took five minutes from start to finish. [I pulled the stuck film off the plastic reel and put it in the empty developing tank until the metal reel arrived. At least in my case the film was B&W so the crease marks look 'artistic' (ahem)].

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We all learn from our mistakes. You have learned an awful lot from this one roll of film and seem to be headed in a good direction. I would call it well worth the price of one roll of film
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pdmk View Post
    well putting it into bleach and fix today didnt help at all there was one photo which I really wanted I dont care about others
    next time I will be more careful.

I bought today extra plastic spiral and will order some stainless steel from ebay or somewhere. As Wallendo wrote, I have biggest problem with Kodak films, but Illford is more thick and gets easier into spiral
    When buying a metal reel, the brand does matter. My first metal reel was a no-name reel. I had trouble loading that reel in the light with my eyes open. I personally use Hewes reels, although I am sure there are other brands that work just as well. Whichever brand you go with, make sure you check customer reviews online before purchasing. You may pay more for a name brand, but it may save you from frustration and loss of images later.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes. Ditto what Wallendo said about stainless reels. Buy Hewes. They are by far the best stainless reels out there. That said, you will need a stainless tank to use with the stainless reels. Plastic Paterson tanks (and their look-alikes) will not be light-tight with stainless reels, as the stainless ones aren't meant to fit around the opaque plastic core.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yup I was looking at Hewes. I have Jobo tank and Jobo processor.

It looks that it should work together without problems
    http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...t_st_reels.htm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin