Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,190   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    The yellow color is not intended to correct for shooting at high altitude or through miles of air. I've shot this film (packaged by Wittner, not Maco) and as advertised by Agfa (it's Aviphot Chrome 200), this film is very neutral. The yellow is either due to light piping or poor storage (take your pick).
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -) No areal film is colour corrected that way.

-) This film is not even a specially designed aerial film, but a emulsion formula taken over from the consumer department but coated on thin PET base. (Thus Maco and Wittner bringing it back where it once (90's) came from.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Confirming what ME Super and AgX stated, the film does not have any special adjustments. If you look at the datasheet you will see it is balanced for 5500K (daylight) and the spectral response curve shows a good sensitivity to blue. Some years ago this film purchased from Maco was neutral without the need for any filters.

I use this film because of all slide films this is the most colour accurate (when it does not have the yellow cast). Kodachrome was possibly better, but it has not been available for a long time. The available alternatives from Fuji tend to oversaturate subtle colours, changing for example a flower which is white with just a hint of purple to a strong purple. If you need to photograph things with subtle colours, or snow / ice scenes, this film will give you the most accurate image.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I just hope that Agfa doesn't give up on making more of this great film .
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    It's also the cheapest slide film available, by a decent margin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And the fastest now that 400X is gone.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk using 100% recycled electrons. Because I care.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I just hope that Agfa doesn't give up on making more of this great film .
    Agfa is said to have stated not to resume manufacture of this film.
    Maybe a lot of revenue would change their minds...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Agfa is said to have stated not to resume manufacture of this film.
    Maybe a lot of revenue would change their minds...
    There are a lot of places selling this under their own brand names, Whittner-Cinetec for one. I hope they do continue making it since it's the only positive film available in bulk rolls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin