Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,131   Online: 1133

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Has the yellow cast of Rollei CR200 been fixed?

I am out of E6 film and would like to get some CR200 (in 120) again. Does anyone know if they have updated their stock so they no longer have the yellow cast?

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, if they haven't, you can always try a similar one: http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...de-film-36-exp
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The question is about type 120.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah, right! He might want to switch formats! You never know!
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    35mm
    I have used CR200 and home processed it. Never ever have I had a colour cast of any shade. I found it to be totally neutral. Casts are usually down to contamination of one or another developer, or even contaminated processing spirals and or tanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ricardo: I would prefer to stay in 120. I do use some 35mm, but do most of my photography in 120.

BMbikerider: This is not a processing problem. There are various reports on the internet of similar issues. It is caused by out of date film / poor handling. I have experienced it myself, while some Fuji film I had developed at the same time does not have a problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Had a reply from Maco. They state they had a problem at one stage but it is fixed, then suggest using an 82 or 82A filter to get more neutral colour. This suggests they still have the yellow cast.

I guess I am left with: 1) going to Fuji film, 2) going to colour neg film, or 3) going to 35mm. None of these choices particularly excite me...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They state they had a problem at one stage but it is fixed,..
    That is the first time anything has been stated by Maco on this issue!
    Thank you Urmonas, for letting us know.

But they did not go into detail on batch number or film type?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They did not provide a batch number. As they are suggesting using an filter to get neutral colour, I do not believe they have corrected the issue, or the bad batch is still on the shelves being sold. When I used this film some years ago it had no colour cast issue. An older roll (stored in freezer) which I developed a few months ago showed the yellow cast, while the same films (same batch) developed earlier did not show the colour cast, suggesting the issue is related to age or storage conditions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but iirc, there is nothing to be fixed, the yellow is to colour correct for high altitude aerial photography, being an aerial film.

Why would you want to shoot this film anyway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin