Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,031   Online: 972
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Kodachrome

  1. #1
    cliveh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    3,332
    Images
    343

    Kodachrome

    Scroll down for flashback.

    http://artdaily.com/

    “The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

    Francis Bacon

  2. #2
    Trail Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Corona CA.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    266
    Images
    15
    Thanks for sharing this......
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

    - Theodore Roosevelt -

  3. #3
    Prest_400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    543
    5 years ago already? Wow. And I'm one of the young generations.
    I remember I finished my classes in High School that day, went to the city, and later on knew about it. Over the course of the summer (and fall, and winter) kept following the "Kodachrome has been discontinued" thread.
    I hesitated getting to try the film. Thanks to a fellow APUGer who in a short PM exchange told me, it's a now or never moment, I got a ended getting a few rolls of it the very end of September that year. Loved the experience. Miss it a bit.

  4. #4
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,995
    Images
    1
    December 30, 2010. The last day Wayne's ran their Kodachrome machine. I got one of their commemorative shirts in bright Kodak yellow they sold at that time. Date right on there. Also was the exact date my little girl was born...
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  5. #5
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,342
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    December 30, 2010. The last day Wayne's ran their Kodachrome machine. I got one of their commemorative shirts in bright Kodak yellow they sold at that time. Date right on there. Also was the exact date my little girl was born...
    Richard, actually they had such a backlog I believe the machine ran until January... 18th??? Something like that, but they "technically" stopped accepting film on the 30th...

    Except for a few lucky people who had an "in"

    I won't say who, but I'm glad I knew them
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    71
    I got several rolls of Kodakchrome films a year and half back without knowing that K14 processing had been discontinued. Just shot one roll a week ago and soaped it in Rodinal. I threw it into the trashcan upon first sight of the developed roll because the actual images were hidden under black gunk, and I thought it is totally ruined. On a second thought, I washed the film to remove the black gunk and happily discovered that the images are just fine.

  7. #7
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,995
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Richard, actually they had such a backlog I believe the machine ran until January... 18th??? Something like that, but they "technically" stopped accepting film on the 30th...

    Except for a few lucky people who had an "in"

    I won't say who, but I'm glad I knew them
    I'm sticking with what's printed on the t shirt! ;-)
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Allentown PA area
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    I got several rolls of Kodakchrome films a year and half back without knowing that K14 processing had been discontinued. Just shot one roll a week ago and soaped it in Rodinal. I threw it into the trashcan upon first sight of the developed roll because the actual images were hidden under black gunk, and I thought it is totally ruined. On a second thought, I washed the film to remove the black gunk and happily discovered that the images are just fine.
    I still have 2 rolls in the freezer and a roll my late father in law shot. What was your process in Rodinal.

  9. #9
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,342
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    I got several rolls of Kodakchrome films a year and half back without knowing that K14 processing had been discontinued. Just shot one roll a week ago and soaped it in Rodinal. I threw it into the trashcan upon first sight of the developed roll because the actual images were hidden under black gunk, and I thought it is totally ruined. On a second thought, I washed the film to remove the black gunk and happily discovered that the images are just fine.
    Did you discover the second fixer bath needed to remove the red tint in the base? I keep forgetting what needs to be added to the second bath, it's somewhere buried in APUG I just haven't had the energy to find it, PE knows.

    And the "black gunk" is the RemJet anti halation layer. Same as Vision3 movie film has.

    Sodium carbonate pre-bath and lots of shaking should remove most of it.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    71
    I just developed as other black and white films. In fact, I put it in the same tank of Fuji Acros and Agfa APX 100, and developed them together.


    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    I still have 2 rolls in the freezer and a roll my late father in law shot. What was your process in Rodinal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin