Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,089   Online: 912

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Fuji Stuff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I picked up some Crystal Archive and found as Ed did that it doesn't have any documentation. It is also missing basic filtration settings on the box. The Kodak Endura paper has filtration and on the one and only box of it I have tried the filtration was essentially right on for Kodak films. Do you know if CA has a standard starting filtration pack, or do we need to do this with trial and error? Maybe it's so consistant they don't print it?

My fears have been confirmed. Well, Fuji made great paper, reversal and print, and then they dropped the reversal along with the Big K, and now they've ****ed up their print paper. I'm praying that Kodak won't follow suit again.

~Karl

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here is what Fuji says about Crystal Archive Type-CDII Paper on their website (bold, my emphasis).

"Designed for optimum performance from large digital printing systems, new Fujicolor Crystal Archive Professional Paper Type CD II produces bright, crisp commercial prints with unsurpassed color image stability from laser printers and other digital exposure systems, yet conventional exposure compatible. Ideal for meeting professional photographers' needs for exhibitors, advertising, and other commercial photo applications, this paper delivers rich tonal gradation, vivid color reproduction, exceptional sharpness, and unsurpassed color stability. "

The paper is available in 50 or 100 sheet boxes, 8x10 to 30x40.

Here is the PDF: http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...TypeCDIISS.pdf
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've read that at their site. Doesn't provide a much information. I've just recalibrated the new Tetenal chemistry / Ilfocolor combination. My next step is "wringing out" the Fuji Crystal Archive. That will happen this morning.

Stay tuned, gang.

I've also ordered some of the "Utrafine" color paper and their chemistry. Awaiting shipment. That will be next.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Hey Ed, could you please let me know how the Ultrafine paper works out? I'm getting my own suppy of this sometime soon and I'd like to know how it compares to a more standard-issue paper such as Kodak Endura in terms of speed, color accuracy, and filter pack settings.

~Karl

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I'm hearing a lot about the new NPS and NPC, but what about NPL? Does it continue in its current form, get upgraded to the new technology without fanfare, or quietly go away?

It CAN'T go away, I'm already using all my spare freezer space for Tech Pan!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It won't go away. there are are only 2 T neg films on the market and I am sure Fuji is waiting for Kodak to blink first.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever
    Hey Ed, could you please let me know how the Ultrafine paper works out? I'm getting my own suppy of this sometime soon and I'd like to know how it compares to a more standard-issue paper such as Kodak Endura in terms of speed, color accuracy, and filter pack settings.
    ~Karl
    I ordered a bunch of stuff, from B&H, Calumet and J&C, as well as Ultrafine. All has been received except the Ultrafine Order. I was supposed to get an "automatic" e-mail from UPS ... but as of now, nothing. I've e-mailed Ultrafine - no answer yet.

Anyone else deal with Ultrafine?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    First "run" with Fuji Crystal Archive paper... so far, so good. It certainly is NOT my favorite Ilfocolor, but not bad - not bad at all. I estimate Fuji is one to one and one-half stops faster (not necessarily "good" - but not a disaster, either). Color balance is somewhat different, less Magenta and Yellow filtration is proper.
    Careful with overexposure - overexposure will result in skin having the appearance of a severe sunburn. *Slight* underexposure produces a very good skin tones.

I'd post examples here, but I am past disillusionment as far as using this #$@ machine for ANY color evaluation. I've scanned, manipulated, and tweaked. Printed images from the scanned files have been compared to the original with a Color Densitometer - *very close color balance*. I'll post to the Gallery ... and everything goes down the tubes. "Too green" - again. I wonder ... just how many here DO calibrate their monitors?

Anyway... Fuji looks like a viable substitute for Ilfocolor. Some questions remain - reciprocity characteristics, lot-to-lot and size-to-size uniformity .. temperature/ aging sensitivity before and after processing - a few hundred others.

But - as I've said, so far, so good.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague

The new films will be available in summer 2005. They will replace the current Fujicolor Portrait Film NPS 160 and NPC 160.

I'm assuming this is 35mm, 120, and 220, and large format? the release didn't mention it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin