Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,386   Online: 705

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Fuji Stuff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

New Fuji Stuff

FUJIFILM HIGHLIGHTS NEW GENERATION OF PROFESSIONAL COLOR NEGATIVE FILM

The new films will be available in summer 2005. They will replace the current Fujicolor Portrait Film NPS 160 and NPC 160.

FUJIFILM INTRODUCES FUJICOLOR CRYSTAL ARCHIVE PAPER TYPE II

Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Type II boasts improved handling characteristics, more vivid color reproduction, more brilliant whites and improved highlight detail and image stability.

FUJIFILM INTRODUCES FUJICOLOR TRUE DEFINITION 400 FILM

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...andingPage.jsp
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

One comment: I'm not sure who the audience is for the True Definition 400 film. It comes only in three packs of 24 exp rolls, meaning no matter how good it is I'd stick to my 36 exp rolls of Portra 400 UC, which I think is the finest color negative film ever made (at least to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anything that only comes as 3x24 is aimed squarely at the WalMart consumer. That's not to say it won't be a good film...just that they've decided where they intend to market it.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A wireless camera phone printer!!! Now THAT'S cool!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well as I never use 400 speed film in the course of business, it is really a moot point to me, but do have to add, the majority of film that is sold now a days is 24 exposure film, if I remember right, when I was working in the photoshop, over 85% of our film sales were 24 expsoure rolls of film and we were a pro shop and not a mass market store, and about 60% of our sales was ISO 200 film.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hard to believe they're cutting the graininess of NPC. That stuff is really fine!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by psvensson
    Hard to believe they're cutting the graininess of NPC. That stuff is really fine!
    I think NPC, NPS, NPL are all pretty fine grained and possibly finer grained than 160 VC and NC or at least similar. Reala is certainly finer grained and my initial usage of kodak's 100uc is finer and of course older discontinued films were finer still.

I suspect that there is and has been for some time the technology to make finer grained colour films. There may not have been the efficiencies within the manufacturing process to justify it until now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Well as I never use 400 speed film in the course of business, it is really a moot point to me, but do have to add, the majority of film that is sold now a days is 24 exposure film, if I remember right, when I was working in the photoshop, over 85% of our film sales were 24 expsoure rolls of film and we were a pro shop and not a mass market store, and about 60% of our sales was ISO 200 film.

Dave
    Here the situation is exactly opposite to that: nearly 90% of color negative film sales is of 36 exposure films, and most of them are ISO/ASA 100 or 400. But hey, this is Greece... =)
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sino
    Here the situation is exactly opposite to that: nearly 90% of color negative film sales is of 36 exposure films, and most of them are ISO/ASA 100 or 400. But hey, this is Greece... =)
    I work at a small minilab in Finland, and 90% of what we develop is 24 exp ISO 200/400.
    ie. 90% Kodak Gold/Ultra actually.

/Henri

The news of an improved line of films from the Fuji company is music to my ears. However, I find particularly discouraging the claim that the new films are designed specifically with better scans in mind, along with the optimization of the new Crystal Archive II papers for laser printing. While digital is great and I make the occasional scan myself, shouldn't these new films be optimized for those who have staid the course and continued to use the analog processes? I'm worried that they've played around with the grain in such a way as to reduce acutance and sharpness to make for better scans at the expense of traditional printing or that things have gotten to such a point in the photo business that they have to upsell the digital integration of a product even with minimal improvements in this regard.

My tuppence.
    ~Karl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin