Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,165   Online: 1018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

macodirect.de no longer shipping FujiHunt 6X outside EU.

We are unable to ship this item outsite of Europa due to the restrictions on air traffic.

Sigh.
    And just when my Tetenal 3-bath kit was finished and I was contemplating a 6-bath next time.

I've already asked Fuji Australia directly, they don't do anything less than 20L. And with almost everything from the US being ORM-D, that's about it for around here...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now the omission of sea-transport in the offering of parcel shipping by the parcel services has its backlash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It looks like its quantity based. Smaller C-41 kits can still be shipped, but the bigger kits are out as well.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I bought Moerch Tanol developer from germany and my friend helped to send it with german post for 5 euros. After 3 weeks , developer turned back to my friend because german post had been refused to send it . My friend calls germans , control maniacs I think it is better to know no shipment than to wait 1 month and learn no shipment.

Good luck.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd suggest looking to Japan for the chemicals, with a surface-shipping option to Oz. If necessary you could approach one of the "enabling" web-based photo-gear Japanese sites for assistance. I haven't used them, but you could Google for companies like JapanCameraHunter or JapanExposures, for example.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    More interesting:
    This shipping restriction applies to 5L FujiHunt E6X, 5L tetenal 3-bath E6, 5L Fuji Press C41, but not 1L Tetenal 3-bath E6 nor 1L Tetenal C41 (also nothing written on 5L Tetenal C41, but they're out of stock, this shipping notice might appear once it's in stock).
    None of the B+W chems seem to be affected, but they're never in huge kits anyway.

So it appears to be volume/weight as much as chemical composition? Maybe that means if a nice European (and I've got a whole lot of friends and relatives in various countries) bought one and then posted bottles individually it would be expensive but possible?
    I can't see anything on post.de about them recently changing their T&Cs, but then a) my german isn't that good, and b) they may not even use post.de. I'm curious as to whether other countries have similar restrictions (I know the US do, damned ORM-D).

I've looked at Japanexposures before and they don't have 6X listed, but I'll email them anyway, there's no harm in trying I suppose.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Will Ag Photo still send it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Will Ag Photo still send it?
    I got as far as checkout without them stopping me, but I'll email them too and see if they let me. More expensive than Maco, but still better than unavailable. It does seem to be this new rule that's come in lately in response to some new unidentified threat on something or someone that may or may not be real...

ps, if I can get a kit I might be interested in splitting some if you're up for it? I'm going to shoot a whole buttload of RVP on the grampians trip (including the pack of 20 I bought new from japan for $150, and maybe some from my roll of Ektachrome in the 8x10) but I don't yet know how much of the chems I'll have leftover...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kodak do smaller amounts. You can order it from some shops in Aus.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm no longer doing E6, partly the cost (though $4/roll is liveable) but mainly because I have no way of exhibiting chromes. I can't afford a 6x7 or 4x5 projector and there's no Cibachrome. Hybrid works, but it works just as well or better with C41 if I'm making reflective prints.

Tim Dodd (on the AFDUG list) has about 1/3 of an E6 kit left over that I split with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin