Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,337   Online: 1089

pbo

Shooter
    Medium Format

Replenishing chemicals - tank solution volume?

Hi gents,

I've been asking questions in the color chemicals sticky thread, but this is more sort of a processing question, so figured this will be a better place to ask.

I've read quite a bit and think got a pretty good grasp on how to get my first batch of Flexicolor chemicals started. Right now the only question I have before I start mixing is if I should aim for a specific volume of the tank solution.

I will be processing in a Jobo CPE2+ and the max amount of liquid I see using each time would be around 600ml (570ml for 6 rolls of 120 or equivalent amount of 35mm film).

So, should I make my tank solution 600ml (which is a good amount for soda bottles and Jobo bottles) and use the leftovers as replenisher, or should I rather have a bit more in tank solution (a liter?), sort of to keep a buffer of solution that's not used each time I process? If I do 600ml I will have the most replenisher left over, but just wondering if that'll affect the potency/life of the solution. I won't replenish the developer since apparently rotary processing ruins it after one use, but I will replenish the rest.

Some input would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Bo
    Last edited by pbo; 10-14-2014 at 02:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi bo

i have a jobo atl2+ which apart from the automated filling of the developingtank and the washing is not that diffferent and i replenish.
    i make a maximum of 2liters fresh solution and use 1 liter. i pour the used chems into another 2liter bottle and replenish the amount that is required deppending on the films i
    processed. then i mix it and pour 1 liter into the chemstanks in my machine. after i used some of the solutions i ad the rest of the replensihed chems.
    pretty easy but you got to have 2 sets of mixing bottles.
    but to answer your question: make a liter use the rest for replenishment

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would certainly not use less than a liter in any replenished system. The activity of a replenished system changes each time it is replenished and this change is emphasized by a small total volume. For the sake of consistent results the largest volume the better.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 10-14-2014 at 11:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

pbo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the insights, that makes sense though is a little unfortunate since I was hoping to leave as much for replenishment as possible But for consistency, I'll go with a liter tank solution, then use leftovers for replenishment. Now on to find liter bottles somewhere!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin