Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,415   Online: 895

Shooter
    35mm

E-6 Blix-Fix part 2 deposits , help !

I bought a 1 ltr. E-6 Tetenal Kit from Freestyle a few months ago. I finally opened it tonight because I am ready to process my 12 rolls. But when I looked at the Blix-Fix Part 2 , (fixer) of the kit, it seemes to me like there is yellowish-greenish deposit on the bottom or around the bottle. This is my first time processing E-6 so I don't know if this is normal or I have a bad bottle of fixer. I hope the whole kit is not bad . How do I know this is good, or bad ? I am going to try attach pictures but I don't know if you can really tell by the pictures. I am worried that I wasted $80 if I cannot use this fixer ?

if it is in fact bad. ? what do I do ? can I do something about it to make this work correctly ? I do have C-41 fixer or even RA-4 fixer but now I am talking crazy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG   002.JPG   003.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From the MSDS for part 2 this concentrate contains an acidified solution of ammonium thiosulfate. This potion of the blix is responsible for fixing the film. The yellow color is from sulfur deposition. The solution has gone bad and can no longer be used. Acid solutions of thiosulfates are unstable. When you purchase a kit of this type it should be done just before use. The longer the concentrate stands the greater chance of this problem occurring. Contact the seller to see if you can return the kit and get a fresh one. The kit should be stored in a cool but not cold place. Heat only hastens the decomposition.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Never imagined a few months would render the kit unusable. The kit was stored in a room at a constant 68F . Can I use any other way to fix the film ? so I can still use the kit , or have I lost the entire kit ? the other solution particularly the developer seem ok although I am not aware of the original color. they look pale amber.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The C41 fixer "might" work if you extend the time by 2x. IDK, as I never tried it, but the formulas are similar. You know, you can always reblix and refix these slides. You know that you also need the final rinse which does not come with some kits.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you PE. as I am fairly new on this. Do you recommend that I mix the two as in the Tetenal instructions. Or are you recommending to bleach first and then fix. ? and if so, times ? If you have any doubts that this may not work correctly. I rather waste $80 than lose 12 rolls to not correct process.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin