Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,969   Posts: 1,523,457   Online: 972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuji Velvia 50

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Fuji Velvia 50

To those who like Velvia 50:

I read in the 5 March 2005 issue of "Amateur Photographer" (UK) magazine that the reason this is happening is because Fuji can no longer get one of the key raw-materials needed to make the film. This is the statement from the Professional product manager. See page 4 if you have this issue.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I assume by the content of your post that Fuji Velvia 50 is to be discontinued. I also assume by yours and other posts regarding Velvia 100f that this magic ingredient is absent in that film and therefore is velvia in name only.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Fuji did announce a month or so ago that they would discontinue Velvia 50 by the end of the year and replace it with the Velvia 100 - which is a different film from the 100F. The Velvia 100 has been available in Japan for a couple of years and isn't new, except to the US/UK market. Fuji says they will continue marketing two separate 100 speed Velvia's. Here is a link with an article about the new film: http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/velvia100.htm
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Supposed to be a new new Velvia 100. I think it was discussed in the new fuji stuff thread.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Supposed to be a new new Velvia 100. I think it was discussed in the new fuji stuff thread.
    It was discussed previously in another thread, but this is the first time I have seen Fuji announce the reason they are discontining the Velvia 50; I felt that Fuji's statment warranted bringing up the subject again.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So is Velvia 100 non-f the same film one stop faster as the soon to be discontinued RVP?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    So is Velvia 100 non-f the same film one stop faster as the soon to be discontinued RVP?
    No, it is a modern version of the film; based upon the same technology as the F series film, but with the color saturation of the old.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wasn't commenting on the thread just pointing mrcallow to the other one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice to hear that Velvia ,no matter if it's rated ISO 50 or 100, won't disapear from the market. I've tried to use Kodak ExtraColour 100 instead of Velvia ( it's much cheaper) but it was not even a little bit like Velvia...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    I wasn't commenting on the thread just pointing mrcallow to the other one.
    Sorry, I can be a little thick, but I get it now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin