Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,064   Posts: 1,611,606   Online: 898

Thread: Dirty negatives

Shooter
    35mm

Dirty negatives

I suppose that this topic has been debated already, but...
    Today I printed some photos whose negatives have been developed by a lab.
    In general, I'm satisfied, but there is something that bugs me. All photos whit large portions of sky have these damned white spots.
    I have examined the negatives but I haven't noticed any dust on them, so what are they?
    BTW, printing from Portra is pleasantly easy.

Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you optically printing from the negatives and how large are these prints?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Are you optically printing from the negatives and how large are these prints?
    1) Yes, I am

2) 13cmx18cm

Shooter
    35mm
    If you cannot see these spots at the enlarger but after the photo is made then my guess is these are being introduced on the photo development process.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If the white spots on the prints are from the negatives the the negatives would have corresponding opaque spots. Have you checked them with a loupe on a light box? Are you using variable contrast filters below the negatives? At least the spots are white and you can spot them out.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin