Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,972   Posts: 1,632,738   Online: 767

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

c41 dev kits - Yes, I've read archives

Oh not another.. c-41 chemical man

In the past I've read the archives about c-41 kits.. but remained confused, and its time to order some color developer again, so rather than go back to the archives, thought I try to sort it out this way.

I do not shoot much color, and like to develop myself, and have only used once a Digibase (6 components + starter) and a Freestyles simpler Arista 41 kit, that uses Blix, but there is quite a bit of time elapse between the need to develop again. And that is the key for me, not ease, as I don't do it that often.

Have liked the results of both.. and understand the Blix kits are easier to use, but still confusion on the issue of Blix vrs Bleach and fix, and the longevity of the components, of each type of kit.
    I understand that it is usually 'Part C' of the component group, that seems to have a short time duration, after opened, and new bottle could be purchased, from the retailer, if it where not in a kit form.

So.. need a quick, simple response...
    On two Questions:

1) Preference
    ......A)Kit that uses Blix
    ......B)Kit that uses Bleach & Fix
    ......C) Separate components that are purchased separately.

2) Company name of your supplier and name of chemicals.

~~~~~

Example... answer..
    1b
    Freestyle Arista c-41

Don't need to know the reason why you prefer it, just what you use.
    Thanks for your help..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    1B
    MacoDirect

Info:
    I accumulate 6 to 12 rolls, mix 500ml solutions, just enough to cover the spiral, process the batch over a few days, then discard the solutions.

The part C (as I read) is expired when it starts to change color. My kit was unsealed in March 2013 and Part C in March 2015 is still clear, not colored.
    Opened packs were stored in the dark at about 18C (60F)
    I just processed a batch all OK and I have enough remaining for one more batch (5 batches from the 1 liter kit).

Now however the 1 liter kit can not be carried by air, so I might have to order (2) of the new 2.5 liter kits from MacoDirect to do the above over next 2 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=wombat2go;1953716397]1B
    MacoDirect

Ah.. Yes but which one???

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You didn't give a multi choice question!
    answer:
    http://www.macodirect.de/colour-chem...dbb75f567ad05d

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1C
    Kodak Flexicolor (not a kit)
    Developer comes as a combined box of parts A,B,C. Bleach, fix, and final rinse (stabilizer) are sold separately. I buy mine from Unique Photo online.

Soon I'll be dabbling in only buying the developer, and mixing up potassium ferricyanide bleach and plain hypo fix myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1C

Unique Photo, Pakor, minilab suppply - all good vendors. Also Adorama and B&H but they are more finicky about what they will ship. Last stuff I bought from Unique Photo I believe.

Shooter
    35mm
    1B
    Tetenal Colortec C41
    There is a 5 liter kit that reduces development cost radically to a 50 cents per canister level.

That's the color when manual says the developer had gone and should be replaced
    https://flic.kr/p/rvhDHS
    Last edited by sagai; 03-09-2015 at 12:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice thread. I'm reading this one as well as the one I started. Just wondering though, several of you have posted chemistry that belongs in OP's category 1B (separate bleach and fix). I didn't realize there were a number of brands that are available in this category.

Shooter
    35mm
    Also, the Rollei Digibase kits from Europe are confusing me..

Are these the old version that Freestyle used to sell (with bleach and fix rather than Blix)? And it's still available in Europe (and apparently from Europe) but not in the US via Freestyle?! The kit at Freestyle now has Blix. So confused.

Shooter
    35mm
    That Tetenal is for 1A,
    I am not good at questionnaire.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin