Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,062   Online: 1135

Thread: Vibrachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Vibrachrome

Well, I wanted to get a Cibachrome/Ilfochrome done and was doing some research, when I came across a Fuji process called Vibrachrome. Anyone try this? Any comments, fedback. Aparently it's more environmentally freindly than Ilford's process too. I assume it's about the same price or maybe even less?

There's nothing on the Fuji website about it.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did a little research on Vibachrome awhile back. The company that markets this product is Duggal which is out of New York. They make a lot of silly claims about the comparisons with Ilfochrome.

Vibachrome is no more than FujiChrome Super Gloss (Type R). They called it their exclusive process because the process is pretty much (as for as I know) has been discontinued in the states about 3 years ago. Still available in Japan. It's known as "poor man's cibachrome". It has the same polyester back but not the same feel or the stable dies that Ilfochromes are known for.

Here is a previous thread on the this topic:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i...p/t-10106.html

Please read Jorge's response. It's true!!!

Here is Fuji's Specs on Super Gloss:
    http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...n/AF3-719E.pdf

I have used both products and nothing compares to a well done Ilfochrome (aka Cibachrome).

Shane Knight
    www.shaneknight.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin