Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,266   Posts: 1,660,617   Online: 750

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Residue from Stabilizer

Yesterday I developed color film for the first time with Tetenal's C-41 kit. I left it to hang dry in my bathroom, but later found occasional white spots on it that came off, but left marks. The instructions didn't call for a rinse after the stabilizer (which is hexamine, according to the ingredients), but I'm wondering whether even a short one would be helpful.
    I do have photo-flo since I've done a lot of b&w hand processing and I've heard of people using it with color. I'm going to be processing 2 rolls tonight and was wondering whether I should rinse, use flo, or not even use the stabilizer at all.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I no longer get any weird spots after I started using a stop bath then rinse right after the developer. Search the forum for that tip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You should not use stop or rinse after the stabiliser.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a problem with spots.. and found the cause was the wash cycle.. which calls for 3 minutes of running water.. but I use a daylight tank, and for some reason, did not change the wash water... the first several times I did color. Once I changed the wash water.. no longer had any spots.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can filter the stabiliser to evidence your suspicion.
    Lot of think can be though, this is a least probably for me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can the residue be washed off afterwards. If so, how? Because I really want to save these pictures and digital ICE isn't doing it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Use distilled water when doing the stabilizer solution. I had the same thing when used tap water, here is very hard.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use disitilled water to mix the stabilizer. I also read here a while back to put 3ml of Photoflo in per liter of stabilizer. I do this but I'm not sure it if it helps or hurts. I may back down on the amount. I'm now using a powder free latex gloved hand to finger wipe the excess solution from my film before I hang to dry. Not wiping caused water spots (on my color film but not on b&w), squeegees caused scratches, and bare finger wipes left minute flecks of dead skin on the emulsion for lack of a better idea as to what it was. So far the gloved finger wipe has worked best for color.
    Last edited by Lamar; 06-28-2015 at 10:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use the Unicolor powder kits and use distilled water to make up all chemicals. I got drying marks on 135 film but solved the problem by adding 1/2 teaspoon of PhotoFlo concentrate to one liter of stabilizer, adding it again after every 8 rolls processed. Since then, no drying marks.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have this Tetenal C41 5 liter version and apart some of my brilliant new idea , nothing really could go wrong.
    I have destilled water and I have never wiped my negs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin