Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,334   Online: 841

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Quick help! E6 Chemistry minimums

Hi all,

Sorry about this intrusion, but I have a quick question about solution minimums for a bunch of film I'm about to process.

I'm using Kodak e6 chemistry in a Jobo CPP-2, 2553 drum.

I have 2 rolls of Provia 120, and 2 rolls of provia 35mm, 36 slides each.

The jobo site seems to indicate that 700ml would safely cover the film (I may be wrong here) in this tank. The Kodak site indicates that I should use 250 ml/sq ft of film. How many square feet does the above come to? And therefore, what is the minimum solution volume to process this film in this tank?

(Sorry if this has been asked many times)

-chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 2553 needs at least 640ml I think. So 700ml is enough for the tank. One 8x10 sheet is one 35mm roll. 8x10 is 80 square inches. A square foot is 144 inches. So doing some math about 139ml per roll. Four rolls would then be about 560ml which is less then the tank needs. If my math is right I'd use 650ml. Or the 700ml number. Best to let somebody else check my math

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Should I assume one 120 roll = one 8x10 sheet?

-chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do. I think if you measure it's less but better extra chemicals then not enough. Plus the tank needs more. Some place on the Kodak website they have the exact numbers. I bet it's buried in one of the docs on replenishment. They actually give different numbers for 35mm,46mm or 70mm depending on if the the film is perforated or not. Those little holes add up in a big processor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks. I'll breath easier as I develop these rolls.

-chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...als/z131.shtml

Download #2. Near the end you'll find the chart. Using the numbers in the chart I get 571ml which is still less then what the tank needs. So using what the tank needs you'll have plenty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Nick. I used 700ml and all rolls came out fine. I'll post a scan or two tomorrow.

-chuck

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin