Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,338   Online: 995

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    mick,
    Megaperls offers Neopan400 in 100ft for 4368yen a roll, Yodobashi camera - a popular shop in Tokyo - is selling it for 3360yen(it was 2709yen before the price raise) with 13% kick back.
    I thought Dirk of Megaperls isn't a retail dealer. That's why his price is high.
    Fuji's list price of RVP 4x5 50 sheets box is 17829yen(about 150USD, including consumption tax). Yodobashi is offering 13849yen(about 117USD) with 13% kick back for now. I don't think Megaperls's 18004yen + shipping is reasonable.
    Since Neopan 100ft rolls aren't available world wide Megaperls is a good source I think, but RVP must have different stories.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan
    This internet shopping thing, is truly wonderful!
    not sure my wife would agree with you

Hopefully J&C will do there 'free postage' deal again some time... that's the time to jump on their supplies wagon. I bought a truck load of their 4x5 (at the rate I'm going.. a lifetimes supply unfortunately!) and some 120 to try out. The 120 ended up about AUD $2.20 a roll. I haven't shot enough of it to form a solid opinion yet, but so far it seems ok (other than how curly it drys!)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kunihiko
    Fuji's list price of RVP 4x5 50 sheets box is 17829yen(about 150USD, including consumption tax). Yodobashi is offering 13849yen(about 117USD) with 13% kick back for now.
    Calumet is offering RVP 4x5 50 sheet box for $109. However, it is my understanding that the last bach of RVP 50 was run in December, so when the stock is gone, it is gone.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kunihoko, it seems that Megaperls isn't that cheap, compared to local Japanese stores, especially given that you also appear to get a kickback (discount?) of 13%.

That said, the only way I can get Neopan 400 cheaply is via them, I haven't seen Neopan offered anywhere else in bulk lengths. If anyone out there is able to prove me wrong, I'll gladly look elsewhere.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mick,
    I've checked out some japanese webshops who's offering Neopan bulk rolls. Far as I've found none of them ships internationally except Megaperls. I'll inform when I found the others.
    I believe that Megaperls is a good source of the products which limited to japan, such as Neopan bulk rolls, Fuji papers, new high speed color films, Across sheet films, etc. I hope his business grows so that he could offer lower price. There are some good film related products in Japan which not available world widely.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi chaps,

my prices are not the cheapest and my service not the fastest and I don't claim either of them. My site is about AVAILABILITY and very often, as an additional extra, prices come in cheaper than in other countries, esp. Europe. Of course if you buy in the street at the major Japanese retailers it will be cheaper - but the people I sell to cannot do that, that's the whole point.

We haven't even mentioned exchange rates, which fluctuate all the time, and can completely change all of this.

As for reversal film, yes, my prices are higher, but that's because supplier prices are high too, and again, speak to other places about say Astia in 10x8 and they will tell you, yeah in 4-6 weeks - mine is available today. That's what you pay for. There is no magic in this game at all.

Dirk

PS: I added NZD as a display currency for the Kiwis out there. Cheers.
    Last edited by Dirk-san; 02-10-2006 at 11:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk-san
    my prices are not the cheapest and my service not the fastest and I don't claim either of them. My site is about AVAILABILITY and very often, as an additional extra, prices come in cheaper than in other countries, esp. Europe.
    Perhaps you should consider becoming an APUG sponsor.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Robert, i did consider this many times, but I get enough business as it is without any marketing whatsoever, it is all on recommendation. My operation is far too small for any fancy sponsoring or advertising, and if orders would pick up too much, I could not keep up (I was stretched at the end of January when people stocked up before the price hike [which did not affect reversal BTW])..

I would lower prices if I had access to wholesale, but that's very difficult in Japan to set up. I would need to order high quantities, store the stuff (cool!) etc., a lot of extra issues. I prefer to keep it simple.

Meanwhile, I think we should all enjoy that film is still out there, at a reasonable price. I am trying to contribute to that in my way.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just bought some 8x10 Acros from Megapearl's site, and it's not available any other way that I know of. It arrived Thursday and I picked it up yesterday from the Post office. I am looking forward to using it and would buy film from them again.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin