Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,317   Posts: 1,681,946   Online: 721

Shooter
    Medium Format

Horrible colors/hues on film scans, could my development be messed up? Pics inside

Edit: moved to DPUG: http://www.dpug.org/forums/f6/horrib...895/#post28202

sorry for the wrong...website!
    Last edited by moodlover; 08-25-2015 at 04:09 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: wrong website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You had better take yourself off to DPUG with this question as this thread will be closed and/or deleted as wildly off-topic for APUG.

Or you could try posting in the "hybrid" APUG group where it won't terrify the horses

Alternatively, remove all the scanning references, and post images of your negatives on a lightbox and ask for comments from those who know how to "read" a colour negative.

(Scanning introduces far too many potential blind alleys to make it useful for diagnosing development problems. )

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh I had no idea DPUG existed! I was wondering why APUG had no scanning support but I guess because it's not an analog thing. Got it, I posted in DPUG. Sorry to everyone else for my misunderstanding, mods feel free to delete thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think we should thank moodlover for his/her excellent approach to getting his/her problem addressed
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I think we should thank moodlover for his/her excellent approach to getting his/her problem addressed
    Huh? I dont get it, are you being sarcastic?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moodlover View Post
    Huh? I dont get it, are you being sarcastic?
    Nope - I am supporting your approach of attracting attention to a scanning issue by just posting a link to a DPUG thread, and then carrying on the discussion there.

Probably will be less necessary when the software is upgraded and there is a little bit more integration between the sites, but in the meantime ...
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ahh okay, gotcha! I'm happy that DPUG supports scanning!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin