Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,689   Posts: 1,482,372   Online: 771

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Where do I learn in a detailed fashion about the latest version?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Claire,

Thank you for your interest. What will follow will be both a means for you to access the latest on this phenomenal method and also an incredible financial opportunity.

Dave and I are in contact about writing a book on the latest version. It seems that if we can secure enough venture capital that we will be able to secure a publisher...Usually our experience has indicated that publishers want a lot of money up front on a ground breaking body of highly technical literature of this sort.

It is for this reason that I am pleased to respond to your question with the following request for your financial contribution. If you are one of the first twenty respondents to this request, you will receive not one but two of the first leather bound volumes of the Miller Method New and Revised edition. As a charter member of the Miller Method your volumes will be autographed by Dave Miller and yours truly...or Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, or any other autograph that you desire.

But wait...there is more...if you respond in the next hour we will include a black and white photograph of Dave's current mistress and my former wife.

We look forward to your support.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Claire, is your leg long enough now?
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess that no one has any interest in discussing this matter. That is OK. I learn nothing from those that know and they learn nothing and miss the satisfaxtion from sharing. But a bit of fun is fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I agree with Claire...I learned nothing other than what he was kind enough to offer. So....I'm going to start using the only Miller method I know how to use, and that is to open the fridge, and take out a nice cold Miller Beer and read some other informative threads ;-)
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Claire, I am afraid that you won't be able to make those who know about the Miller Method share their knowledge, because they have taken a silence oath when they were initiated in the Miller Methodist Circle (MMC), an underground organisation of those using the Miller Method.
    The MMC members will never admit that they are part of the cult, and I think those two guys, Dave and Donald that made fun of your question are part of it. They just try to ridiculise the thread in order to shift our attention and let us think that the whole matter is unimportant.
    What we should take under serious account is the possibility that the MMC might make a move in the future in order to overthrow the present leading regime in colour printing and establish their Method (the Miller Method) as the new age colour printing standard.
    So, be aware...

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Dr Bertram Miller, Md a retired pediatrician who lived and I hope still lives in Mexico was a very experience color printer. Obviously, as you may well have guessed, there was a Miller Method I and II.
    I had an e-mail exchange with him a year or so ago so he does (I hope) still read mail.

Honestly, however, I don't think his method is much needed anymore given the developments in colour sensors. With the Lici Colorstar or Jobo Colorline one really can zero in on things and not worry too much about negative material. The reflective densitometer is still important at getting the calibration right--- the auto function is really only usefull at tracking any changes due to chemical exhaustion, termperature changes and other moving paramters--- but its more complicated than using a series of test prints and visual comparison under a norm 5000 light.

I think the main advantage of Bert's system was it de-coupled--- some people seem to have de-coupled their brains in this thread but that's another set of topics--- user judgement (and user error) from the printing process--- no need even for a "perfect" print for calibration or even to know what a "perfect" print looks like (and in the end all prints are "perfect").

His final version.. btw. I think requires a Colorstar or Colorline analyser alongside a good Status-A reflective densitometer.. and (worse of all) Microsoft Windows 2000 or newer..
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    35mm

thank you.

Thanks, EDZ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin