Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,978   Posts: 1,523,689   Online: 1128

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

9x12cm slide film?

Does anyone know of a source for 9x12cm side film? 4x5" just won't do, I'm afraid, as I plan to use them in old plate cameras. And slide film would be so fun to test the relative merits of Heliar, Skopar, APO-Lanthat and Eurynar on...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Ole,

Have not seen any 9x12 for quite a while now, I cut my 4x5 down for my old plate camera...

Dave

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dave, I'll be contacting you shortly for new GG's or two of my folders, and for the backs for my new old disassembled Gandolfi

Just need to measure them first!
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak E100G should be available in 9x12, at least some german online-shops list it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ole,

try this nordfoto - this link will lead you right to a page with their slide films. Scroll through it and you'll see they both carry 4x5" as well as 9x12"!! Not so hard to find, but being a foreigner, you'll have to buy for a minumim prize of (I recall) 250 euro??? If you can't read German, I can look it up for you on their website. If you're really desperate and you don't want to buy such a large amount, I could try ordering for you through my German relatives....or we could order something together - the Nordfoto people are quite cheap and we need to have new Acros soon.
    Hope this helps,
    medform-norm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    but being a foreigner, you'll have to buy for a minumim prize of (I recall) 250 euro???

Can they do that in the EU? I thought companies were required to treat all EU nationals the same.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Can they do that in the EU? I thought companies were required to treat all EU nationals the same.
    Nick, I'm not an EU national - there are too many Norwegian nationalists for that!
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    No one ever tell you the EU is something like a cross-over between the complete works of Kafka and Catch 22 by Heller?

Of course they can differentiate!!

Recently, on the news, I heard a farmer say that he was not doing anything illegal as long as no one was enforcing this specific law which stated that what he was doing was illegal. (viz. dumping chemical waste on farm land.)

I've heard farmers say more clever things, but what blew my mind was that the reporters and everyone else thought this was a normal and completely logical thing to say...

So what do we as viewers have to learn from this?: As long as a law is not enforced, it's not a law???

But I'm much diverted by your question. I was curious to know if my link was any good for Ole...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Nick, I'm not an EU national - there are too many Norwegian nationalists for that!

Okay then they can mistreat you-)

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    ...But I'm much diverted by your question. I was curious to know if my link was any good for Ole...
    It's good - I've been in contact with them before. I'm putting together a BIG order of hard-to-get film (read: Metric sizes for old cameras) to order when my holiday pay is in, in a few weeks. Just to spend enough that I'm not overly tempted by the first ULF I come across
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin