Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,105   Online: 1072

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 120 Color Film

Shooter
    Medium Format

120 Color Film

What are your favorite 120 color films for medium format and where can I get them for a reasonable price. I am american but live in Germany with the $toEuro the way it is, looking for some stateside sources.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzmechanic
    What are your favorite 120 color films for medium format and where can I get them for a reasonable price. I am american but live in Germany with the $toEuro the way it is, looking for some stateside sources.
    I use several films, depending on the situation, Kodak, Fuji and Agfa. For night shots I have one favorite: Kodak Portra 100T - excellent film, can only recommend that.

But reasonable prices for people inside Germany can be had at nordfoto - I linked directly to their colorfilm section - in case you have difficulties with the language. They are among the cheapest online film vendors in Germany, as far as I know.

Good luck,
    medform-norm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like Ektachrome 100G and 100VS. I love the colour saturation in these films.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Negative or Reversal? Shooting what?

For people shots Fuji Reala is a great neg film. Landscapes and scenery which can do with more saturation I'd probably shoot on reversal (transparency) stock and use Fuji Velvia.

If you're processing yourself I'd suggest the Agfa C41 and e6 kits which are really great and will keep for 3 months if bottled correctly after each session.

Graham.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm with Art - I like Ektachrome. I've never liked the greens from Fuji films, and Velvia is the worst of all.

For negatives any of the Portra range will do. They are all different, and well matched to the use intended.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Vielen Dank....thanks for all the comments.

You guts are so giel!!! The best...Practicing my german!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vielen Dank....thanks for all the comments.

You guts are so giel!!! The best...Practicing my german!
    Gern geschehen.

Keep practicing- I couldn't understand a word of that last sentence and my German ist ziemlich gut.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That was swinglisch...schwabisch-english.the language of my village, half english, half schwabisch!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was swinglisch...schwabisch-english.the language of my village, half english, half schwabisch!
    ehmm, maybe you care to translate that in english? We understand the "schwäbische mundart" quite well, and that didn't sound/read like anything we know.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree...as a matter of fact, my wife is giving me 5 more minutes on the is board and I must go study my german!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin