Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,142   Online: 1033

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Fuji film recommedations

I've been using Kodak color negative films for years, and would like to try some Fuji. I normally shoot Portra VC and some UC. What Fuji films would be comparable to these in 160 and 400?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my opinion...
    VC 160 is <= NPC (npc has more punch -- colour and contrast --, but less exposure latitude)
    VC 400 is ~= NPZ (would probably be your best choice, but I don't shoot faster film much)

I would be more inclined to try kodak's uc films than any other. I think they are the best available.

I think Fuji NPH would be the equivalent of VC400; both have a nominal speed of 400 though I expose both at EI 200.

Fuji NPZ is an 800 speed film. While I think it's the best of the 800 speed films, it's grainer than either Fuji or Kodak 400 speed stuff.

I've used tons of 400 UC. It's been my favorite color film since it's introduction. Lately, though, I'm shooting more in mixed light available light. I'm thinking that the Fuji films are better at keeping the shadows from going green.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your right Tom, I was thinking more of colour and contrast similarities.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin