Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,164   Online: 699

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Where is the cheapest place to buy some K64 from? Since Im in Australia, I can't use the mailers.

Daniel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could check with Kodak in Australia. They should be able to tell you where you can buy Kodachrome there.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodachrome

Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    Can I ask a stupid question? In the UK, Kodachrome comes process paid. You put it in the envelope provided, send it to Kodak and a few days later it comes back as mounted slides. Is this not the case elsewhere in the world? It never occured to me that it could be hard to get processed.

David.
    I understand that the reason that Kodachrome is is available in the U.S.A either process paid, or not,is so it can be done by independent labs to conform with the American Anti Trust Laws, we in the don't have these laws, and Kodak fly it all to their lab in France where they process all the european Kodachrome.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You cant buy it in Australia anymore, they discontinued it. However, they will still send it off to Switzerland for processing for me.

I ordered 30 rolls of K64 from Adorama in the end.

Daniel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley Boyd
    I understand that the reason that Kodachrome is is available in the U.S.A either process paid, or not,is so it can be done by independent labs to conform with the American Anti Trust Laws, we in the don't have these laws, and Kodak fly it all to their lab in France where they process all the european Kodachrome.
    Kodak, is only listing the lab in Switzerland for kodochrome processing now, is there still one operating in France?

Just curious.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodachrome Processing

Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Kodak, is only listing the lab in Switzerland for kodochrome processing now, is there still one operating in France?

Just curious.

Dave
    Hello Dave,
    As far as I remember, when they started shipping all the Kodachrome in Europe for processing to one central lab. it was one they had had purpose built in France, but on reflection my information might be out of date now since it's must be quite a few years since I read it in a magazine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin