Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,162   Online: 696

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Donald, the Ilfochrome bleach is totally unlike the bleach used in chromogenic color materials. If you use it with conventional color materials, you will probably destroy all of the dyes. If you use a conventional color bleach with Ilfochrome you will get a black sheet of paper with no image.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If Ilford is no longer available what are the other options?

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SkipA:

My supplier has been getting calls from all over the country for folks looking for a P30 kit. Get yourself on a backorder list so you are in line for the first post-bankruptcy shipment. If you are absolutely desperate, please PM me and I can swap you a P30 kit and some paper for trade (got any BIG trays or a Gralab timer to swap?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hesitate to bring this up, but if you are stuck for chemistry and have paper left, I have approximate formulas around here somewhere for the Ilfochrome chemicals. If anyone is interested, I could dig them up, but I will not guarantee that they will work.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    Skip
    I think you should be enquiring about P3x chemistrys with Ilford US, I run P3X at my lab in a Ciba machine, as well I know of others who run in Jobo.
    Cibachrome is not being discontinued to my knowlege, I am not sure about the RC version.
    Bob, I have a nice little darkroom at home, but certainly not what I'd call a lab, and I'm by no means a high volume user of any photo process. As far as I can tell, the P3X chemistry is not sold in small quantities suitable for the weekend darkroom enthusiast. It seems to be intended for commercial labs or relatively high-volume processors. It sounds good, and there do appear to be readily available P3X chemicals, but I doubt it would be economical for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug
    SkipA:

My supplier has been getting calls from all over the country for folks looking for a P30 kit. Get yourself on a backorder list so you are in line for the first post-bankruptcy shipment. If you are absolutely desperate, please PM me and I can swap you a P30 kit and some paper for trade (got any BIG trays or a Gralab timer to swap?)
    Dug, who is your supplier? I want to get on his backorder list.

I'm not desparate yet. I've never done this before, it's just something I want to try for my personal satisfaction. On the other hand, I have three Gralab 300's and I probably don't really need all three of them :-) I don't want to trade my 20x24 trays, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    I hesitate to bring this up, but if you are stuck for chemistry and have paper left, I have approximate formulas around here somewhere for the Ilfochrome chemicals. If anyone is interested, I could dig them up, but I will not guarantee that they will work.

PE
    PE, I don't have any Ilfochrome paper, and I couldn't say I'm stuck. I just want to have some fun, try my hand at a new (for me) process.

Paper seems to be readily available. I'd love to experiment with your formulas, no guarantee of results expected. I tend to mix most of my processing solutions from bulk chemicals anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh yeah, by the way, I tried all of the potential mail order sources that everyone mentioned. No one has P30 kit that I could find except for B&H, who won't ship.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Positive news (as it were) about P-30 kits in this thread--

http://largeformatphotography.info/l...ic/502292.html
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, David. It sounds like more of a hint of positive news to come, but good nonetheless.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin