Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,102   Online: 869

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Art - You are right about the rest of the Cafe Ilfopro site, it HAS picked up lately. I am concerned about the lack of activity in the Ilfochrome topic area. I get a lot more useful info from the APUG color developing topic area in terms of Ilfochrome data. It would probably behoove us all to get more active on the Ilford site and get people interested in their products. Hope we can collectively keep consuming enough Ilfochrome material to keep it in production!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug
    It would probably behoove us all to get more active on the Ilford site and get people interested in their products. Hope we can collectively keep consuming enough Ilfochrome material to keep it in production!
    You bring up a very good point. The more interest is shown in Ilford products, maybe, just maybe, there will be a bit of influence as well.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA
    Paper seems to be readily available.
    Good Lord, :o where???
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B&H has it in stock, Marco. Much of it is in large sheets, but there is 8x10 too showing to be in stock.

For example, they have 50 sheet 16x20 CPS.1K. Also 50 sheet 16x20 CF.1K, 20 sheet 30x40 CPS.1K, 25 sheet 20x24 CF.1K, 50 sheet 11x14 CLM.1K. They have 100 sheet boxes of 8x10 CPS.1K, which is what I'd be most interested in initially. Also 100 sheet 8x10 CF.1K. And so on. True, most of the papers are "special order", meaning out of stock, but there are a lot of choices still in stock.

It's just not much good if you don't have the P-30 kits to process it. Unless you are processing large quantities and can use the P-3 stuff.

EdM

E-mail from Ilford Imaging Switzerland GMBH

On 6/16 I received an e-mail from Ilford tech support which said that P30 is discontinued. In its place a 5 litre kit based on P3 chemistry, all in liquid concentrate will be available.

Ed

Shooter
    35mm
    P30 will be back not in it's 2x1 Litre pack, but as a 3L kit..... request further information from..

ILFORD Imaging Group
    Case Postale 160,
    CH1723 Marly 1,
    Switzerland
    Tel: 00 41 26 435 71 11
    Fax: 00 41 26 435 72 12

ch-info@ilford.com
    ch-technical@ilford.com
    ch-sales@ilford.com
    ch-customer@ilford.com

Website - www.ilford.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have (2) P30 2x1L kits in-stock @ $42.95/kit.
    The Darkroom Studios ~ Brad Walker
    27 North Centre Street ~ Merchantville, NJ 08109
    856.488.1546 info@thedarkroomstudios.com
    "Film Ain't Dead Yet!"

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got a call from my supplier - the p3.5 (5 liter) kits will ship in 2 weeks.

Bob Barker: " The Actual Retail price is..... $137.65"

So the price per liter from the P30 to the p3.5 has gone from $20.50 to $27.50.

*sigh*

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm even surprised it's still there...

Of course, however, a 5 litres kit has almost no use for amateur photographers, so the market target is no longer the little photographer printing in the kitchen.

Very sad.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

EdM

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Gilardetti
    I'm even surprised it's still there...

Of course, however, a 5 litres kit has almost no use for amateur photographers, so the market target is no longer the little photographer printing in the kitchen.

Very sad.
    Why is it of almost no use to the amateur photograher? The 5 litre kit will (according to the Swiss source) be mixed one litre at a time just like the 2 litre kit was. Considering the keeping properties of the stock solutions, I can live with that.

Ed

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin