Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,891   Online: 796

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you, Ed. It'll be quite difficult to fraction and store before usage, methinks. Will see.

As for volume/packaging, who knows? As a matter of fact, in my experience I can't recall ever purchasing two P30 or P30P kits which looked the same, had the same content and made the same quantity. Each time I went to the store, something had changed. Say: funny the developer comes in three compounds now. It was only two last time. Really, who knows.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

EdM

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Gilardetti
    Thank you, Ed. It'll be quite difficult to fraction and store before usage, methinks. Will see.

As for volume/packaging, who knows? As a matter of fact, in my experience I can't recall ever purchasing two P30 or P30P kits which looked the same, had the same content and made the same quantity. Each time I went to the store, something had changed. Say: funny the developer comes in three compounds now. It was only two last time. Really, who knows.
    Small containers - of which I have too many - should take care of the fractioning concern. Have you kept any of the old 250 ml containers from the P30 kits? Thanks to Darkroom Studios, I was able to get a couple of P30 kits a few weeks ago. I will try using the smaller containers for fractioning once I start on the new P3.5 chemistry. Assuming same results, I am pleased to have the powder eliminated.
    The only changes in P30 I have observed since the early '90s have been the color of the caps. The content mix/quantity hasn't changed in the kits imported to the USA.

Regards,
    Ed

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdM
    Have you kept any of the old 250 ml containers from the P30 kits?
    That's what I was wondering. I still have some old stuff in stock, so I think I'd better "collect" all the bottles from now on...

Yes, liquids are much easyer to mix, though their expiration is always my concern. I didn't have problems so far, but for some reason I'm persuaded that powders, generally speaking, last longer.

However it is, thanks for the fresh news about the 5.3 kit.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilfochome Kits Have Arrived! - Rainier Photo

Just got a call from Bart at Rainier Photo - The P3.5 kits are in and they can start shipping:

http://www.rainierphoto.com
    1-800-255-3456

I will be picking mine up on Saturday (7/30) and will report my findings.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Is that really what they call the new kit? Seems an odd if not bad choice

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug
    Just got a call from Bart at Rainier Photo - The P3.5 kits are in and they can start shipping:

http://www.rainierphoto.com
    1-800-255-3456

I will be picking mine up on Saturday (7/30) and will report my findings.
    Hey Dug,
    Did you ever get your kit?
    Are you going to mix less than the full 5L?
    If so, does it look difficult?
    I've got one on order from Calumet...

EdM

The P3.5 indstruction sheet gives instructions for mixing 1, 2, or 5 litre batches.

Stir after each addition.
    Developer: 400ml water + 300ml part A + 100ml part B + 100 ml part C + water to 1 litre.
    Bleach: 400ml water +200ml part A + 100ml part B + 100ml part C + water to 1 litre.
    Fix: 400ml wter + 500ml fixer + water to 1 litre.

My only concern is keeping qualities of the partial containers of stock solution.
    I will probably break it down to the smaller bottles from my last P30 kits.

I haven't used my P3.5 kits yet - I am finishing up the P30 I was lucky enough to get from Darkroom Deals.

Regards,
    Ed

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by davetravis
    Hey Dug,
    Did you ever get your kit?
    Are you going to mix less than the full 5L?
    If so, does it look difficult?
    I've got one on order from Calumet...
    Dave - Got the kit. It has mixing instructions for 1, 2, and 5 liter working solutions. It is no more difficult then before, except for measuring out of large concentrate containers rather than the "pour n' stir" from the little bottles in the p-30 kit. It does not include the instructions that used to come with the p-30 kit about reusing the chemicals (1/2 new 1/2 used) to extend the life and has specific disposal requirements. From the instruction sheet and packaging, it appears to be appealing to people who are already familiar with the chemicals and process. I am inclined to turn the old P-30 instructions into a pdf to give folks more info. The concentrates are good for 3 years unmixed, according to the instruction sheet.

I'll let folks know how it turns out when I crack open the kit (next week? maybe?)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin