Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,977   Online: 984

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Does anyone know where to get 8x10 chromes made into Ilfochromes?

Our local lab here stop doing them awhile back. Sure do miss it. I can't think of one person who didn't say "Oh my" wen I would show them a 16x20 made from the 8x10. Nothing has replaced it yet. Although the processors keep telling me so.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Try Clone-a-Chrome in New York--http://www.cloneachrome.com/

They do it, but they charge 50% over their standard rates for 8x10" originals.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggs
    Really? Here in Perth we have Churchill Colour Laboratories who do 4x5 Cibachromes. Its no more expensive than using any other film. Theyre also one of the few places in the world (apparently Ive heard), that have worked out how to do Digital Cibachromes.

Well done Cibachromes just trounce anything else available. Analog or Digital, you can't beat the wet process. I'd question the eyes or skills of anyone who says otherwise.

In the shop window they had a 4 metre (approx 14 feet) wide by 1 metre horizontal print. Stunning.

Daniel.

Heres the address for any aussies, though I know a large proportion of their business is international.

Churchill Colour Laboratories
    80 CHurchill Avenue
    Subiaco W.A. 6008
    Australia
    Ph: 61-8-9381-9688
    Does anyone know of anyone in Sydney still doing Cibachromes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SinarF1user
    just my first pack of velvia 50 iso in mail.
    ...does anyone have any pictures taken with velvia sheet film 4x5, or larger? i also heard that it really hard to get pictures from trans. film in large format, anyone know why this is??
    ...anyway, hope to hear something about this. until then...take care!!
    Hi SinarF1user,
    Exciting time, when the first box of a new film type arrives. I do a bit of colour work using velvia rvp50. I found that in general exposing it at less than the 'box speed' gives me better results (with processing normal). Usually I rate it at 40asa.
    I asked Joe Cornish in person a couple of months ago if he does the same. He said he rates his generally at 40, and 30 for wide angle exposures.
    It is certainly difficult to find the resources for enlarging 4x5 colour transparencies these days. Even Joe uses dgtl processing before cibachrome printing.
    We don't see a lot of colour examples shown on apug all that often, I'll put a couple of images from 4x5 velvia in my gallery if you're interested.

best, John

OK, the're uploaded now, if you'd like to see a few examples go here: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgall...r=1811&cat=500
    Last edited by John McCallum; 07-14-2005 at 09:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SinarF1user
    i also heard that it really hard to get pictures from trans. film in large format, anyone know why this is??
    You have nothing to worry about, the only thing you have to remember is that your exposure latitude is less than you are used to with black & white. I shoot almost exclusively Velvia.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    We don't see a lot of colour examples shown on apug all that often, I'll put a couple of images from 4x5 velvia in my gallery if you're interested.
    Nice stuff John. You are going to have to show me some of the locations you shoot at. Joe Cornish is one of my favorite photographers, I wish I could take one of his workshops one day.

Well, I'm off to shoot some Velvia 100!!! Wow, new lens, new film, round-trip tickets to New Zealand (and Australia), life can't get any better.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And also (I was about to say) - hopefully Robert T would see this and show you some great examples of his also!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    ...Joe Cornish is one of my favorite photographers, I wish I could take one of his workshops one day.

Well, I'm off to shoot some Velvia 100!!! Wow, new lens, new film, round-trip tickets to New Zealand (and Australia), life can't get any better.
    Actually I think I'd enjoy doing one of his workshops myself!
    Have fun with that lens .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin