Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,009   Online: 849

Shooter
    Large Format

Problem with Kodak E100G - Red Shadows?

I'm having a recurring problem with Kodak E-100G (4x5 sheet film if that matters). The problem is that areas of deep shadows are turning out dark red. I've never had this problem with Provia (the only other color slide film with which I have any real experience). Does anybody know what's going wrong? Is this an exposure problem, a film problem or a processing problem?

TIA,
    Brad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brad, are they actually Red, or more of a Magenta color, if Magenta, it could be a bit of underexposure, as most of the kodak films I have shot over the years, have a tendancy to go magenta when underexpose.

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Dave. I'll have to go back through my box of "screw-ups"...er, lessons learned and take a closer look but I think it might well be magenta.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yep. It is definitely magenta. I have been rating the film at box speed. Perhaps, EI 80 ISO is suggested?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brad, I normally shoot all of my slide films a bit under rated, ISO 80 on Kodak E100VS, and the E100G and GX, which helps alot and on Fuji Films I shot Velvia at ISO 40 and Provia at ISO 80, the way to check on fuji, is check your shadows and if they have a bit of blue, then they have been underexposed a bit...

Good Luck, just remember to develop normally and you should do okay.

Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin